Pictures of Greensburg Kansas after the tornado

Help Support CattleToday:

yeah and they say that 95% of the town was destroyed. oh yeah, well what 5% aint?? i dont even know what to say about that. its really sad. ...oh found part of the 5%, its the elevator. its absolutly CRAZY how everything else is flattened but then that big tall elevator is still standing.

Here lately I have been pretty depressed with the drought and the fires. It has almost been like someone has turned his back on us but to see the devastation there makes my problems trivial and I am again thankful for the blessings I do have. My prayers go out to these people.

OK,prayers are good,but what can I send them,and where do I send it?

Jogeephus":27zhy8wu said:
Here lately I have been pretty depressed with the drought and the fires. It has almost been like someone has turned his back on us but to see the devastation there makes my problems trivial and I am again thankful for the blessings I do have. My prayers go out to these people.

I saw on the weather channel this morning that a sub-tropical storm is swirling toward Georgia. Are you going to be benefiting from the rain or are you too far inland? Hope it gets to you.

A friend of mine is a salesman for a big constuction company. (Hellas). They have more heavy equipment the Holt Catapiller and are trying to pull some off of jobs all over the country to send in to help.

About all they can do is give those people a chance to salvage what they can and the insurance companies time to take their pictures and then walk in the Cats.

We have friends just north and east of Abilene that Debby hasn't been able to get ahold of yet. But she's one of those Super Nurses so that might explain it.Z

peg4x4":1sff0gyk said:

A good place to start is the Salvation Army. When Katrina hit, my wife and I carried stuff out there to help. Everywhere I turned the Salvation Army was there. What impressed me the most was they were even at places the cameras weren't. I must admit, I used to hate to walk in a store before Christmas because you knew they'd be a guy ringing a bell and wanting money. After seeing them in action, what I throw in the bucket ain't small change.

Jogeephus":37r1uhm6 said:
peg4x4":37r1uhm6 said:

A good place to start is the Salvation Army. When Katrina hit, my wife and I carried stuff out there to help. Everywhere I turned the Salvation Army was there. What impressed me the most was they were even at places the cameras weren't. I must admit, I used to hate to walk in a store before Christmas because you knew they'd be a guy ringing a bell and wanting money. After seeing them in action, what I throw in the bucket ain't small change.
Thanks for the reminder, Jogeephus. Your post just "rang a bell". Actually it gave me those shivers you get when you know "The Spirit is near."

JO is right.. Salvation Army does alot of good in cases like these. I been to Greensburg many times on my way out to Colorado.. a wonderful town it was.. good people..and they always had a really nice corn festival each year.. and cant forget the BIG WELL.. I do hope they get things restored ...

Latest posts