Pictures from around the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Kids, labs, and an old water trough on a hot day = a whole lotta fun!:D
[URL[img]http://i881.photobucket.co...ads/IMG_20140730_165423_zps63b5198c.jpg[/img][/url]
[img]http://i881.photobucket.com/al...ads/IMG_20140730_170625_zps1743fc3f.jpg[/img][/url]
[img]http://i881.photobucket.com/al...ads/IMG_20140730_171325_zps1fa74ee3.jpg[/img][/url]

CA State Fair!
[img]http://i881.photobucket.com/al...ads/IMG_20140717_142102_zpsb6060b24.jpg[/img]][/url]
[url
IMG_20140717_141858_zps913839a8.jpg
[/URL][/url]

Got ears!?
[img]http://i881.photobucket.com/al...ads/IMG_20140714_145627_zpse8c88908.jpg[/img][/url]

I can almost smell the characteristic show barn smells from your pictures. The smells of bedding, um cattle stuff..and the shows we went to had a food booth set up among the show barns that sold fresh baked cinnamon rolls...So you'd get wavering whiffs of shavings, poop and cinnamon rolls all in a matter of a few seconds..

cowgirl8":2srt5svw said:
I can almost smell the characteristic show barn smells from your pictures. The smells of bedding, um cattle stuff..and the shows we went to had a food booth set up among the show barns that sold fresh baked cinnamon rolls...So you'd get wavering whiffs of shavings, poop and cinnamon rolls all in a matter of a few seconds..
Ya cowgirl, the cinnamon rolls were located just outside the door! It is one of our fair traditions to get at least one. :D

One of the kids favorite past times is to put a dollar bill in a pile of cow poo and see who comes along and picks it up! Last year one couple came back twice! (I think someone put a 10 spot in that time.) The expressions on their faces are priceless! :lol: Most of the general public will just walk around it. No way are they going to touch cow crap!!

branguscowgirl":1umjqay5 said:
cowgirl8":1umjqay5 said:
Ya cowgirl, the cinnamon rolls were located just outside the door! It is one of our fair traditions to get at least one. :D

One of the kids favorite past times is to put a dollar bill in a pile of cow poo and see who comes along and picks it up! Last year one couple came back twice! (I think someone put a 10 spot in that time.) The expressions on their faces are priceless! :lol: Most of the general public will just walk around it. No way are they going to touch cow crap!!
This is why you should never put money in your mouth... :lol:

cowgirl8":oky49dg0 said:
branguscowgirl":oky49dg0 said:
cowgirl8":oky49dg0 said:

This is why you should never put money in your mouth... :lol:
The kids are pretty nice about it, they usually hand them a wet wipe if someone picks it up. Plus they get to keep the money. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":2y5ov01d said:
branguscowgirl":2y5ov01d said:
Doesn't anyone else have some day to day pics to put up??? Pleeeeeeez! :D
I never think about a camera and most times forget my phone as well. :oops:
TB the only reason that I have my phone on me at all times is because I am on call 24/7. Otherwise, I would not either .

TexasBred, I am so glad to hear that you don't tote your phone around with you either. I have been chewed on more times than I care to count about not having my phone with me.

We lived fine without them before. I am not texting, or waiting for a money beep. Pacing back and forth like a caged animal because I have a cell phone in my hand shoved up next to my head is not at the top of my list.

I'm still waiting on my Obama phone but here are a few I took today with a camera.

She hasn't seen me for a while so I don't think she knew what to think.

This one's just going with the flow.

Some of the girls turned loose on a fresh pasture.

Some heifers almost ready to start dating.

Water buffalo
Ugly azz is what I call this one
Heifer that I'm gonna keep.
Curious
Keeper

Brangus ugly azz' s mama

Great pictures of pretty cows and calves. Your grass is a lot greener than mine. We have had very little rain in our area. Farmers are irrigating peanuts and cotton. Our pastures are really needing rain. All we get is a few sprinkles. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Thanks you guys!
Jo those heifers sure have pretty faces! :pretty: What's an "Obama phone"??
M5 my cattle would love to have that water to stand in also! Who is "Ugly Azzs" sire? We're all your calves by one bull?

branguscowgirl":1ebi2gyx said:
Doesn't anyone else have some day to day pics to put up??? Pleeeeeeez! :D
Was going to post a couple of pics until you posted your ranch hand washing the trough...my pics looked so insignificant :lol:

NO! I screwed up last year and put a yearling bull in with the cows for a few weeks before I sold him.
The hiefer that is grey white is off the old sim ang bull. It's ok to call them a box of crayons.

Latest posts