Pics of fall cow & calves & farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks all.
C Holland - So you didn't buy #62 - did you get another one purchased?
Doc Harris - NO - I would NEVER be able to live in the cities. I was born & raised in Rhode Island - very congested city living -would hope I never have to live like that again.
We went to Long Island Sat to purchased a Min Schnauzer puppie - TRAFFIC :shock: ROADS :shock: PEOPLE :shock: had it all mapped out how we should go (blew up maps so we would be prepared) WRONG - nothing gets you prepared for those roads. You would get on a "highway" and it would turn into something else and you never saw it coming :shock: .
Well, we only had to turn around once (with our 4-door 1-ton dually) :D I just kept re-routing us TOWARDS our goal. We got there. Got back lots better. Went to Hudson Pines Sale. (see sale board for info).
JP - Herkimer county is HUGE. We live in the Southeast corner of Cayuga (our road divides Cayuga & Thompkins) Depending on WHERE in Herkimer - could be anywhere from maybe 2.5 hours - 3.5 ??
Anyway I should explain some of what you see (or barely can see in our farm pic). The barn is an old dairy barn built about 50 years ago by the previous owner. We stripped out all the stantions and filled in the drop with limestone dust and built 5 pens (for calving & for the showstring). Silo is unused & needs to be torn down.
You can see a white spot to the left of the barn. That's a 1500 gal white plastic tank on a wagon that we supplement the water supply for the cows. We use it as a "bladder/supply" tank and we have a two inch water line coming out of it & cows can suck up water just as fast as they can and can't empty the little watering tank we use.
Just below that is a red, three sided shed that we use for our newborn calves for shelter during the winter.
To the left of all that up in the hedge row, you can see white - thats 4 rows of plastic wrapped baleage.

If you tore down the silo you wouldn;t have a picture postcard anymore

dun

just looked at a map. you're near ithaca. I was just curious cause I'm from little falls. now I'm livin in florida but my brother has a dairy up there. thanks

Latest posts