Pick him apart....

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
OK-here we go. This is a seven month old bull calf. Purebred Texas Longhorn-blended genetics. No Watusi, Brahman or anything else that I know of. I kind of thought he has made a decent calf, so go ahead and let me know what you think.

100_0711.jpg

looks like he is put together well. nice straight top and hip. I like him, I would just like to see more of him (muscle, natural thickness). could be the angle, but looks like he might have a big head. But he looks good for a 7 month old calf.

Ryan

Rustler,
I am gonna have to go with Ryan, I like everything I see, but would just like to see more of him. I love that black and white color though.
Googly Moogly

There's no Holstein in him. His sire is our black and white appaloosa herdsire BT Heineken Dark and his dam is a 3/4 Butler solid red cow with a ton of horn. Her sire is an Ace Cattle Co. bred bull-Little Ace Big Jake. I'll try to make some more photos of the calf and let you see how he's built. I don't have any plans for him right now. When we bred the cow to Heinken we were hoping to get a heifer from this mating. I think this little bull is actually going to have a good amount of horn and a decent body to go with it. If you want to see this calf's sire go to out website: btfarms.net

Rustler,

Does that Butler cow milk pretty good? I have heard that the Lepper sub-family of the Butler bloodline milked the best and that L.A. Big Jake bull is half Lepper. Just wondering.

GM

He does look good nice straight back and stance.

Though he may be lacking a little muscle in his shoulders for a sire prospect, can't really tell. And i think because of the angle his head looks big- or he could grow into it :D

Googly Moogly,
We have three 1/2 sisters out of the Little Ace Big Jake bull and they all milk well and do a good job raising a calf. Two are 3/4 Butler and this calf's mother is the 5/8 Butler. We really like them.

Latest posts