pharo cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":259k6s3j said:
Red Bull Breeder":259k6s3j said:
Yes supplimental input, at that 20% protein fescue would be hard to come by.
i dont think thats what he meant :p
I think around 15% is far more common, but that's KY31 with the negative of high endophyte that is poisoning them while it's giving them good nutritional values

ALACOWMAN":106s88cl said:
like eating a greasy cheeseburger
What's wrong with a greasy cheeseburger? Don;t have to swallow, just kind of slickeries and slides down your throat

dun":2ni6pp96 said:
ALACOWMAN":2ni6pp96 said:
What's wrong with a greasy cheeseburger? Don;t have to swallow, just kind of slickeries and slides down your throat

Goes well with Diet coke and cigarettes too!

3waycross":ozqt45ho said:
dun":ozqt45ho said:
ALACOWMAN":ozqt45ho said:

Goes well with Diet coke and cigarettes too!
Forget the diet part and you're right on the money!

Massey135":7atn8pz0 said:
These are exactly the type, notice I didn't say breed, that you need in West Texas- or anywhere where there is a limited intake. You put a late maturing framey type char bull on those cows and watch the calves take off. I would not use this type bull unless the goal is to retain females. They will not push the scales but the females will milk good, and if bred correctly, will wean a stout calf. The best part is they will always breed back.

I like pharo's philosophy too. "IF you're not ending up with a 20% open rate, you're under-utilizing your grass.
If you haven't read this essay by Johann Zietsman it is worth reading both in terms of phenotype that performs well in brittle environments and management of grazing in these conditions. http://sangacattle.webs.com/apps/forums ... -ballgame-

Latest posts