Perhaps This Is Why I seldom Post Any More

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bez

Reaction score
Well, it appears my post on being forced to sell the farm due to federal mandates was removed. Not certain where it went but it was deemd to be political. Despite the fact it ws truthful.
I truly wish all members the best. I will simply sit back and watch and read.
I might make the occaisional comment but as my post went political it seems to have been moved.
Every time I try to access it I am told I do not have the right to view it. So it is now invisible to me.
Hope all have a successful calving season and a great summer.
I have attached an email that I can be reached at if anyone wants to maintain contact. Be advised it is not my main email but I do check it a couple of times a week.
"[email protected]"
Best to all,
Bez

There have been tons of posts about politics on here. There is a section for it you can request to see.

We can all see your post still.
Screenshot_20220430-222744_Chrome.jpg

Go to the coffee shop where you originally posted. There is still a link that takes you to the politics religion and controversy section. There are directions at the top for how to see that section if you can't right now.

Last edited:
Seems to me that if a post has to be moved to a restricted forum the op should be granted access at the same time without having to request. I guess the rules are made and upheld by wiser folks than I.

I made a post a few weeks ago about a topic that was not political at all, however the word cov-d was in the sentence and the whole post was deleted. I received a PM saying it was inappropriate for that forum.

Some moderators apparently paint with a wide brush for the definition of what's political.

I remember reading the thread "Done and now the work starts." Guess I caught it before it was moved. I was sorry to learn of your situation. You loved the farm. I hope you find another opportunity you love.

This blows my mind every time it comes up. 😄

Politics go in politics section.

Religion goes in religion section.

Controversy (Covid) goes in controversy section. Have you seen any covid post on here?😆

Do we post questions about tractors in the breeding section or talk about buying stocks in grasses pastures and hay?

This is why I question the future of our country. 🙄😄

I sent this to the mod that censored me:

In the end you are removing something that describes exactly what happened to me. Describes exactly why I became unemployed. Describes why I was forced to sell my house and farm.
And now you also censor the truth and keep it hidden from others.
The truth is no longer allowed in our world and you are assisting in this.
In fact you are now promoting the destruction of truth.
Honor and honesty are finished when the truth is forbidden.
I can honestly say I did not ever think I would see that happen here.
Truly sad.
Hope you are proud of yourself.
I doubt I will be back.

How is a person to know that a post is going to turn "political" or "controversial"? "Topics that may cause intense discussions" is certainly a broad description. A man that makes a cross country move looking for a job is supposed to anticipate that the discussion will be controversial? That could include debate about prices for baling hay, using a crossbred bull, weaning weights, price of fuel and supplies, black vs red cattle, kudzu pasture, and almost anything. Anyone passionate about their work might be a little intense with their beliefs and discussion.

Bez, you can see your (and all) posts in the controversy, religious, politics section by simply sending a one time request for access to the restricted sections.
If a non political thread later turns too political, it gets moved to that section.
This keeps politics out of the rest of the board, which is not a bad thing.

In the end you are removing something that describes exactly what happened to me. Describes exactly why I became unemployed. Describes why I was forced to sell my house and farm.
Truly sad.
I doubt I will be back.
You weren't censored. The post was simply moved. All Covid posts go to the Politics, Religion, and Controversial section.

I realize that you haven't been around much with all that you have going on, but it is pretty common knowledge on here that if you want access to that section, you just send a quick note saying you want to see those posts.

Truly sad.
I doubt I will be back.
Here's your sign...lol

Bez just below the coffee shop you will see the section for politics religion and such. Now if you read the post that you can see you will see Marie highlighted in blue click on it and send a request to be able to participate in the politics and religion section.

Bez, I don't think it was a big deal that your post was moved. I think that at the moment you are a bit stressed and you have taken it being moved the wrong way. I think the political thread has been a big improvement on CT as it allows a lot of topics to continue and be discussed where in the past they were just canned.
I would hope that you will understand this maybe after a brief period to get things sorted and then come back and let us know how you are going. All the best Bez.

Ken

Perhaps Bez politely raises the right question needed of removal of opines away from all other discourse. Will removal by others with someone else's criteria of tolerant even serve the input needed for understanding? Or conversely are those whose choice of expression found below that tolerance criteria without participation rights? Does not our society need all voices and opines to be heard for one form a fair understanding for decisions? Derf

Perhaps Bez politely raises the right question needed of removal of opines away from all other discourse. Will removal by others with someone else's criteria of tolerant even serve the input needed for understanding? Or conversely are those whose choice of expression found below that tolerance criteria without participation rights? Does not our society need all voices and opines to be heard for one form a fair understanding for decisions? Derf

If Bez sat down for a cup of coffee with me, it would be an honor. Surely we could find something to talk about and I truly wouldn't really care. Hopefully I'd just listen.

It was only moved, not removed.. In times past it would have been removed but now we have a place on the forums where that's OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts