Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43":1rd0o7x8 said:
Little Joe was from the younger generation , that was the start of rebellion with the good guys wearing black hats, just like now you can't tell the good guy from the bad guys by the color of their hats.

I don't think you could ever tell good guys from bad guys by the color of their hat except in some fantasy produced by Hollyweird or in some writer's imagination.

cowboy43":2iohdjz0 said:
I was raised in the 50's the westerns I saw were from the 30's to the 50's and that was how it was back then.

I was raised in the 50's too. But as I said it was all in the imagination of some writer, Hollyweird or otherwise. Growing up I knew a lot of very good men who wore black hats.

I was using my original post as a metaphor , you have to read between the lines, You can't tell the good guys from the bad guys, in the past the good guys always won now in the present (world conditions) the bad guy is winning.
Does anyone understand what I am trying to covey in my thoughts. I am just an old country boy with a high school education and sometimes my words don't match my thoughts. :cboy:

cowboy43":207qdoy0 said:
I was using my original post as a metaphor , you have to read between the lines, You can't tell the good guys from the bad guys, in the past the good guys always won now in the present (world conditions) the bad guy is winning.
Does anyone understand what I am trying to covey in my thoughts. I am just an old country boy with a high school education and sometimes my words don't match my thoughts. :cboy:
i get what your saying

cowboy43":p760392i said:

I have the same problem sometimes Cowboy43.

You are right about that, Red Skelton , Johnny Carson, Dean Martin Show, Tim Conway, Carol Burnet Just to name a few.

cowboy43":1a4qy7ca said:

I feel like a winner. I have tasted success. That makes me a bad guy? Please return all my charitable contributions. I wanna cheat on my tax returns too. Ya'll don't pay any attention to it.

cowboy43":20od925y said:
What percentage of the population knows what the color purple represents painted on a fence post?
Im not from texas but if im not mistaken its means no trespassing

ez14":vdbvw1ky said:
cowboy43":vdbvw1ky said:
What percentage of the population knows what the color purple represents painted on a fence post?
Im not from texas but if im not mistaken its means no trespassing
It's a property boundary marker as well as an unofficial "no trespassing" notice.

Actually, TB it will serve as official notice as long as it meet the requirements under 30.05:

(D) the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
(i) vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
(ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground; and
(iii) placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
(a) 100 feet apart on forest land; or
(b) 1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land; or

slick4591":m7utzkog said:
Actually, TB it will serve as official notice as long as it meet the requirements under 30.05:

(D) the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
(i) vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
(ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground; and
(iii) placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
(a) 100 feet apart on forest land; or
(b) 1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land; or

Yep. In Texas anyways it carries the same weight as a no trespass sign or a fence

This would be many of us but I guess ignorance is no excuse:

"Fast forward to now and still a lot of people don't know what it means but it is still a law."

"To me the color purple means a movie," one Tyler resident admitted. "That's the only thing I know that's the color purple."

Only weekenders paint their boundaries with purple....points out, 'Hey, i set up all kinds of game cameras and stands, we have a little trailer parked back where you cant see it...so, i'm painting my post purple so everyone knows to not trespass because i only come out on weekends and maybe the first few days of deer season. Until then, my stuff sits unattended"...

cowgirl8":ugda5838 said:
Only weekenders paint their boundaries with purple....points out, 'Hey, i set up all kinds of game cameras and stands, we have a little trailer parked back where you cant see it...so, i'm painting my post purple so everyone knows to not trespass because i only come out on weekends and maybe the first few days of deer season. Until then, my stuff sits unattended"...

If you only knew how square you just hit the nail on the head.

Latest posts