Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

:lol:

I think this is the most fun thread on here its full of just the most random stuff if your not sure where to post some thing you just put it here :)

Rafter S":1qldlv66 said:
:nod: getting ready for the deluge forecast. actually is a depression there were pond overruns. I'm standing on the dam. We just restocked the little tank with fingerlings and moved the big fish to the big tank. We moved some big 8 to 10 pound hybrid catfish.

So I was right? I'm asking because it doesn't happen very often so I don't always recognize it.[/quote] :lol:

Catfish? Sorry, think I'd rather eat the wiener dogs, I love fish but catfish always seem to taste dirty to me :(

Butch, they are bottom feeders for sure but if you get the meat off the bone, soak it in salt water overnight in the fridge, then fry it..... It makes all the difference. Worth a try for you.

Anybody ever eat catfish at Clear Springs Restaurant over at New Braunfels, the onion rings are the best they bring you a stack a foot tall, when you eat one you can't stop eating them, then they bring out the catfish, brown beans, cold slaw, fried taters,raw onion,
The restaurant is in an old store dated to the early 1900's it like going back in time.

cowboy43":1nk7ft6y said:
Anybody ever eat catfish at Clear Springs Restaurant over at New Braunfels, the onion rings are the best they bring you a stack a foot tall, when you eat one you can't stop eating them, then they bring out the catfish, brown beans, cold slaw, fried taters,raw onion,
The restaurant is in an old store dated to the early 1900's it like going back in time.
Ate there once a couple of years ago. EXCELLENT !!!!!!!

JMJ Farms":2et4hut8 said:
Brings back memories.
John Deere A the first moving tractor I ever "drove." It was in the A shed which was at the top of a gentle sloping hill.
Middle of summer I was 6 years old, it was late morning almost time for lunch and I went to the tractor shed and crawled on the tractor to practice my pretending to drive "wonderful skills" I had learned how to shift it from gear to gear from my earlier secret practice sessions....rrrrr' shift grrrrr' shift rrrrr' voom grab steering wheel wiggling it back and forth driving like a champ in my mind. Well this time I accidentally kicked off the brake at some point and while in neutral not in gear like I thought and wiggling the steering wheel back and forth caused the tractor to slowly roll backwards out of the shed, down the gentle slope and into the corn field only 2 or 3 rows deep.

Not yet being smart enough to blame it on my little brother...I ran to the house and hid behind the couch...safety.
Till Dad came in for lunch...how did he already know? ....pulled me from my secret hiding spot...how did he know?
And told me never go on the tractors alone again....man I was crying...afraid of the spanking that never came.
He just didn't understand what a good driver I really was....but it was hard to get it shifted properly from gear to gear...I didn't do it on purpose and now I'm banned from my secret practice driving sessions. In my mind... just because I broke a couple of corn stalks. :nod: Life just wasn't fair.... I was skilled...not just some little kid. :)

cowboy43":2vlh9u5v said:
Nope but I heard good things about the place! I'll try it soon I hope.

Did you ever wonder what a Road Runner Bird was called before their was roads, or where the Road Runner ran before their was roads. :cboy:

M-5":2qpqrwl1 said:

Did a tree sprout from a post?

There is a line of green locust posts my grandad put in during the late sixties on some river bottom ground that grew into trees. Most of them have died now, but the few that remain are pretty popular with the deer for scrapes.

cowboy43":2au9m4sn said:
Did you ever wonder what a Road Runner Bird was called before their was roads, or where the Road Runner ran before their was roads. :cboy:

They where just called running idiot birds. They where near extinction because they just spent all day running around mindlessly. The construction of roads gave them direction and purpose and they have flourished.

Commercialfarmer":vv6jwegh said:
M-5":vv6jwegh said:

Did a tree sprout from a post?

There is a line of green locust posts my grandad put in during the late sixties on some river bottom ground that grew into trees. Most of them have died now, but the few that remain are pretty popular with the deer for scrapes.

This is where a fence line was when I was a boy . I assume the oak tree grew beside it and just encapsulated the post. Its pretty neat.

We take the every day things for granted , for instance toilet paper, wonder who invented toilet paper and when. :hide:

Latest posts