Paul Harvey's Dodge Truck commercial last night...

Help Support CattleToday:

Loved the commercial, but cadge still stays at the third choice of trucks for me.

hooknline":1ajdzjf4 said:
Paul harvey did the voice for that piece years ago and dodge just bought the rights to use it. It's still just a commercial. Don't go loving all over dodge just because of this.
At least they had the balls to put it on the air. Gotta give DODGE credit for that. Amazing how many Dodges you see in this country pulling goosenecks hook. Can't be all bad. Had an 01 Chevy Duramax until a few months ago....moved up to a new (to me) 05 Dodge with the Cummins....I believe it will pull a Chevy, Ford and a 32 ft. gooseneck down the road backward and gets great mileage too.

Bigfoot":u21cleo1 said:
I have a VHS tape of God made a farmer that is well over 20 years old. Some company I have never heard of. Something like germania. Does anyone else remember when it was used before?
Bigfoot don't know about your area but down here Germania is a big insurance company. Insures a lot of farms.

TexasBred":efxyos6i said:
hooknline":efxyos6i said:
Paul harvey did the voice for that piece years ago and dodge just bought the rights to use it. It's still just a commercial. Don't go loving all over dodge just because of this.
At least they had the balls to put it on the air. Gotta give DODGE credit for that. Amazing how many Dodges you see in this country pulling goosenecks hook. Can't be all bad. Had an 01 Chevy Duramax until a few months ago....moved up to a new (to me) 05 Dodge with the Cummins....I believe it will pull a Chevy, Ford and a 32 ft. gooseneck down the road backward and gets great mileage too.
My mechanic buddy likes the new dodge trucks more than the ford 6.0's. more money to be made for him. Around here its mainly fords and Chevys pulling loads.

Alan, if they don't take a step back, they will own the 3/4 and 1 ton market in the next few years. The trucks have finally caught up to the engine. People that make their living with their truck are driving Dodge again.

john250":2cp65tx3 said:
Oh, and another thing r.e. Paul Harvey. He could tell a dog story that would make strong men weep like little girls. Usually on Saturdays on his show when he did less news and more "commentary'.

I truly miss Paul Harvey not being on the air. Right out of school, I operated heavy equipment and the guys I worked with always listened to Paul at lunch. Nobody talked during his "rest of the story".

Wish journalists today had even half of his talent, and a quarter of his integrity. The world was a better place because of him.

skyhightree1":249q8av2 said:
Isomade":249q8av2 said:
They had the guts to run a commercial that mentioned "God" several times. I think I'm going to at least drive one to see what I think on my next purchase.

I appreciate them having the guts to do that.. But I refuse to drive a dodge ever again too many transmission issues I had one before it stayed on the lift more than on the road.
They have changed alot since the earlier transmissions that couldn't handled the Cummins engine

Bigfoot":1qncd3bq said:
I have a VHS tape of God made a farmer that is well over 20 years old. Some company I have never heard of. Something like germania. Does anyone else remember when it was used before?
1978 National FFA convention, and then many more conventions after that one.

I watched it several times. I didn't watch the SB, so thanks for posting the link. It struck home, and I sure thought about my dad, my uncles and grandfather (all gone on now) while watching it the 2nd and 3rd time..

I'm not a Dodge guy, but I gotta hand it to 'em for going with that commercial and it's content--not many will, and I've even seen boards where ya could get a nastygram or maybe banned for posting a link to it.

greybeard":3nuf6huf said:
I watched it several times. I didn't watch the SB, so thanks for posting the link. It struck home, and I sure thought about my dad, my uncles and grandfather (all gone on now) while watching it the 2nd and 3rd time..

I'm not a Dodge guy, but I gotta hand it to 'em for going with that commercial and it's content--not many will, and I've even seen boards where ya could get a nastygram or maybe banned for posting a link to it.

I like the commercial and commend them on airing it for sure.

Maybe now they will apply the content to themselves and the company. Pull themselves up by their own boot laces and stop using the hard working folks' like the add is about, to do it for them.

I'd like to see American Made mean something again.

Dodge trucks are made in Mexico. Not by some union worker, who's leader is backing the dumborcrats.

Well that made it all the way to page three before someone had to throw politics in.

I enjoyed it as well. First time i watched it, I didn't even hardly notice it was about Dodge-good message though

Latest posts