Parthenais Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

We have done some research and we have spoke to a couple of people, seems there are some embryos that are still in tanks. The US registry has been gone for a few years from what we have found out, but surely someone would still have herdbook information. We are trying to find out.

It seem that there is beginning to be some renewed interest in Parthenais. Semen can still be imported from France.

Pedigrees can be built from scratch, but the ancestral information would be nice to have. We are here to help.

Christina VanL":2eopx7so said:
If you do find contact info for the people with the embryos I would be very interested. Did you find anyone else in the US that has Parthenais other than Arrowhead beef?

Not the guy with embryos but I found the guy in South Carolina. He may have more info for you.
Nathan Winburn of Winburn Performance Horses and Winburn Farms (843) 855-9585.

We are finding more information on the Parthenaise. The Parthenaise are more of a niche type animal. They are a leaner beef than our traditional breeds, but it is tender and supposed to be healthier. Parthenaise fullblood animals can dress out as high as 77%. The Parthenaise being a heavy muscle breed has a higher metabolism rate, which generates a lean, low cholesterol product

There is some renewed interest in the breed, and semen and embryos can still be brought in from France. One person that we visited with has some fullblood embryo's that is thinking he may go ahead and implant now that he knows he has someplace that the resulting animals can be registered.

While, there's no active Parthenaise registry in the US, we have found some information about the database from when there was.

For those that are interested, we offer our registry service for registering Parthenaise animals or animals of any other breed.

cbcr":19i7hwgi said:
slick4591":19i7hwgi said:
Thanks. I have not and hadn't ran across them. Checked with the Irish Society and they believe the American registry has gone belly up and no record of American breeders. I'll check with them.

This is happening more and more to many of the small breeds. Part of the problem is these associations make the cost of registering is cost prohibitive.

We are beginning our 5th year of service and our registries http://www.compositebeef.com and http://www.dairycattleregistry.com have grown because of these issues and continues to grow. The fees we charge for membership and registrations are very reasonable. Our papers are being accepted Internationally.
Sounds about like buying an "Online Degree" with diploma from college of your choice.

TexasBred":a8kmv0ju said:
cbcr":a8kmv0ju said:
slick4591":a8kmv0ju said:
Thanks. I have not and hadn't ran across them. Checked with the Irish Society and they believe the American registry has gone belly up and no record of American breeders. I'll check with them.

This is happening more and more to many of the small breeds. Part of the problem is these associations make the cost of registering is cost prohibitive.

We are beginning our 5th year of service and our registries http://www.compositebeef.com and http://www.dairycattleregistry.com have grown because of these issues and continues to grow. The fees we charge for membership and registrations are very reasonable. Our papers are being accepted Internationally.
Sounds about like buying an "Online Degree" with diploma from college of your choice.

If owners of animals of a breed no longer have a registry, what are they supposed to do? Sometimes breed associations have so much fighting and bickering among them selves and people stop registering and pretty soon there is no registry in operation. What then? What do they do with all of the genetics (not counting the time and effort) that they have bred into the animals? What would you have them do? If people want to keep track of the pedigrees and document the ancestry of their animals with an organization, what would you have them do? Some people are so closed minded when it comes to breeds and registries. To some if it is not a traditional breed, then they don't think it is important. We started the Dairy Cattle Registry at the request of several breeders because many of the breeds we represent, another registry no longer considered them to be dairy breeds, therefore were ineligible to be shown! Not only that but the pedigrees they did do failed to list the correct pedigree information.

We don't as you want to put it offer an "Online Degree", we do our due diligence when it comes to pedigrees and the breed composition of animals. So many registries fail in providing a complete pedigree. If a cow is a registered Angus they only will list it as PB Angus. Or we find in some registries, they have pedigrees of convenience leaving out certain breeds or giving another breed a different breed identity.

We have members in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Finland and growing. With our North American Reds, we are outperforming the Ayrshire. On the last Proofs, the elite cow list of just the top 100 cows 85 were ours. We have Fleckvieh bulls registered with us that semen has been exported to Europe on USA born and bred bulls. The Montbeliarde, semen on US born bulls has been exported to Russia and Turkey. We also process the registrations for the American Lineback Cattle Registry. We have other beef breeds that have contacted us interested in processing their registrations.

Hi,
I'm new to the board and not quite sure how to search but I saw this post after seeing a photo of a Parthenais on facebook and I have a friend who has some cattle and is very interested in this breed. We are from New England. Are there any herds that are local to us that we could go see them? Also, is there anyone in the US that is selling embryos at this time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jenn

cashela":2jv97x0o said:
Hi,
I'm new to the board and not quite sure how to search but I saw this post after seeing a photo of a Parthenais on facebook and I have a friend who has some cattle and is very interested in this breed. We are from New England. Are there any herds that are local to us that we could go see them? Also, is there anyone in the US that is selling embryos at this time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jenn

If I were guessing you may have seen the picture on my FB Piedmontese page as I posted one yesterday. If you did you probably read all I knew about breeders and such in the comments.

Clodhopper":102o6n7v said:
WalnutCrest":102o6n7v said:
ANAZAZI":102o6n7v said:
SEEM is the operative word, no difference otherwise.

Maybe because of the additional width? It is throwing off the visual perceptions that come with staring at hatchet-azzed cattle all the time?
Quite possibly, yes. Lots of those running around.
more muscle mass connecting and holding position...and all the protein goes to muscle. unlike the pumpkin belly man with a case of gone azz , and a weak back...look at the body builders..

Latest posts