Owner / Moderator - Locked Topic

Help Support CattleToday:

I think everyone is missing the point here.... No one said they didnt want LEO'S.... It was a discussion on bad ones and the thread got hijacked no one said or atleast that I read that they didnt want LEO'S No one wants a bad LEO

skyhightree1":2j4b49c7 said:
3MileRanch":2j4b49c7 said:
Its hillarious that some of you guys, not all by a long shot, think its ok to bash my profession, but I become a troll when I defend it.

While I defend your right to bash whatever you want I think its telling that you get your panties in a twist when someone says you are wrong. Talk about being able to dish it out, but not take it.

3 mile I worked your profession for 3 years as a LEO .. Do you react everytime someone says something you disagree with or calls you a pig or i smell bacon? If you do you should not have pass the psych evaluation.

I have responded to this in depth. For whatever reason it isnt showing up.

The abridged version is Alans comments were for me the internet equal to spitting on a cop. would you let a cop spit on you during your three years in LEO? For all of us still on the street I hope you wouldnt have.

snake67":j6locnn3 said:
3MileRanch":j6locnn3 said:
Its hillarious that some of you guys, not all by a long shot, think its ok to bash my profession, but I become a troll when I defend it.

While I defend your right to bash whatever you want I think its telling that you get your panties in a twist when someone says you are wrong. Talk about being able to dish it out, but not take it.

Quite frankly I think you need to go to the locked thread and read my very last post before you continue - I think you are one of the folks I talked about.

I would bne interested in your comments on number nine - if you are what you say you are you and I am not convinced - you will be familiar with it.

Be that as it may - how many cattle you running, and what is the breed - or are you just here for the trolling?

I am out of here for a bit - the cows are locked in a new field with decent grass - they think they are in heaven and the sheep are lambing in the barn and I am tired - time for a hot shower and a few prayers to the rain Gods.

Bez

Bez, I think number nine is exactly correct, but not understood. When crime goes down the first people they lay off is the cops.

skyhightree1":26pze726 said:
I think everyone is missing the point here.... No one said they didnt want LEO'S.... It was a discussion on bad ones and the thread got hijacked no one said or atleast that I read that they didnt want LEO'S No one wants a bad LEO

:nod: :nod:

action vs words thats apples to oranges
when i was on the street would i let someone spit on me not if i can help it but if they did they got the assault with bodily fluid charge... someone talking about hating cops or calling names I went over and asked them why did they feel that way and try to talk to them you have to remember you are still a public " SERVANT" not gustopo police i know i butchered the spelling but hope you get the point. My point is out of your tenure by now you should be used to peoples opinions on LEO'S ... Most people hate cops till they need them but guess what when dispatch calls you to go there and you are running code to get there risking your life and citizens you don't know if they like cops or they don't. I would much rather instead of taking the low road and go with name calling take the high road and council people and try to make them see my profession as a great thing vs name calling just as you stated you would hope I wouldnt let someone spit on me I would hope you would not let someones protected constitutional opinion not make you loose your professionalism in which the badge is made to stand for.

Welcome to the CT boards 3MileRanch/Steve!
I guess I am just here for trolling. If you are really interested in what breed I am running and how many mommas I have then you can ask without the trolling comment. or maybe you are one of the people you were talking about. I feel no need to convince you I am who I say I am. I will go read number nine though.

What are you breeding, Steve, and how many mommas are you running? And where are you located -- your profile doesn't indicate. :welcome:

Hi Kathie.

I guess I should update my profile. I really only came on here to ask some questions about a baler I bought at auction, but couldnt remeber my old password. I used to be on here as 3MR.

Anyway, once i made the new profile I got sucked into the threads again. I guess like everybody else here I like talking about cows, lol.

We are in Southwest Oklahoma about an hour from OKC. We run Angus and Angus X, about 100 mommas. We are certified natural beef through GAP so we are able to get paid the extra pemium for black hided as well as certified all natural.

I know, I know, before I get all the comments from people about black hides and natural beef. Im not saying its any better, but it sure pays more. :)

Kathie in Thorp":1mapqry7 said:
I have the highest respect for public servants with badges, especially at state/local levels -- city cops, county mounties, state patrol, all fire personnel, fish/wildlife people. They are also human beings, and for every one of us, there is something/someone that could push the button that might not ever get pushed otherwise. If you are an individual with an individual complaint about one of those folks, you can register that complaint with their agency, and the agencies keep track. Most will take action for a problematic officer.

Yes they will. The most prevelant result of that "action" will be:
"His (her) actions conform to and were in compliance with departmental policy"

No admission of liability for shooting 100 rounds into an innocent citizens truck

If police would police themselves as hard as they police citizens, these discussions wouldn't have to take place--but they do not, have not for a very long time and probably will not for the foreseeable future. Code of silence.
stonewalled by police dept

[sweep sweep--under the rug it goes]

Kathie in Thorp":nfdvtr7j said:
I have the highest respect for public servants with badges, especially at state/local levels -- city cops, county mounties, state patrol, all fire personnel, fish/wildlife people. They are also human beings, and for every one of us, there is something/someone that could push the button that might not ever get pushed otherwise. If you are an individual with an individual complaint about one of those folks, you can register that complaint with their agency, and the agencies keep track. Most will take action for a problematic officer.

I agree until the top dog is the problem. The three sheriff's before this one here in our county were crooked as a dog's hind leg. Heck the FBI was investigating one he was so bad. Bird's of a feather flock together you can imagine the type of officer's he was hiring.
Look's like we hit the lottery with the new sheriff he is cleaning out the pit of viper's and trying to do a good job.
Old joke in Texas is if your looking for twenty crook's put twenty sheriff's in a room.
The wife's side of the family is full of state trooper's and on the most part I think are true professional's.
The biggest problem is lack of pay if we paid our civil servent's a decent wage it would be mush easier to cull the low performer's out.

Hey cB, how far are you from Hemphill? Do you remember the big scandal involving a local judge and the police department back in the early to mid eighties? I have a heck of a story I'll share with you someday about my stay as a guest of Sabine County.

Just to lightn the mood------one of my favorite lines in Smokey and the Bandit is "What we're dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law".

Well in Dodge Co. GA. where I live in the last 15 years 2 of our Sheriffs went to prison. And I feel bad for both of them, they did there job and always treated us fair. I think most if not all of the local cops and deputies are good guys. It's in the bigger cities where some of the cops get carried away with the power thing. I don't care for a couple of the state troopers that have worked in middle GA. And the one that wrote me 5 tickets for driving my swamp buggy on a dirt road that I own 1/2 of was a real treat for me to deal with.

3MileRanch":2xhbac3q said:
Ok, so Im a troll because I dont agree with your imflamatory post, lol. I remember you even though you dont remember me. You havent changed, lol.

No problem though; when people are talking about idiots or other insulting terms in general I dont instantly assume they are talking about me, lol. I usually assume they are talking about people whom I consider idiots and other insulting terms. I guess you took my advise from the other thread and spent some time taking a long hard look in the mirror. :cowboy:
i remember you to, pretty sharp cattleman.....and i havent changed either, to manys dismay :cowboy:

TennesseeTuxedo":2zn60432 said:
Hey cB, how far are you from Hemphill? Do you remember the big scandal involving a local judge and the police department back in the early to mid eighties? I have a heck of a story I'll share with you someday about my stay as a guest of Sabine County.

It is one county over. Some of the stuff that goes on in this part of the world, people think only happen in the movies.

skyhightree1":u1qfu6bp said:

Your right Sky. The LEO topic is not unlike the issue of owning firearms. It takes just a few bad ones to make all them look bad. The vast majority of officers I have met are good people just doing their job. But, like any profession, a few will make lousy decisions or have a bad attitude.

Caustic Burno":1rf7vslf said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1rf7vslf said:

It is one county over. Some of the stuff that goes on in this part of the world, people think only happen in the movies.

My experience was one I'll certainly never forget. Rumor has it Geronimo and I shared the same accommodations, almost 100 years apart but I still thought it was pretty cool. They said he was held there while on route back to the east to stand trial for "war crimes" or some such business. Wonder if it was true?

That little town had the most modern police force with top notch patrol cars and computer systems you'd normally only expect to see in big cities like Dallas and Houston. Old Judge Smith had quite a racket going on back in the day.

That kind of crooked stuff from law enforcement has been going on for years and years.. and probably not going to change ever. Its just the same as every profession, some are good some are bad, and some get caught, some dont. My wife's uncle was country sheriff and his predecessor was one who took a drink or two, and was even a buyer from a man who homemade it. Everyone in the country knew it, but no one did anything, until the mans house burned down.
I myself have seen the worst of law enforcement folks, and the best too. Goes back to what CB was saying.. it all really depends on who is running the show.

A friend lives in Montana. Their local sheriff (years ago now) was finally let go after he was caught with his cocktail sitting on his dash during a local parade.

Cops are just like the rest of society except they carry a gun. There are the same percentage of bad cops as bad citizens. They just tend to get away with their antics longer than we can.

Caustic Burno":fq4e09av said:
TennesseeTuxedo":fq4e09av said:

CB last time I went thru Hemphill was probably 25 years ago. I was pulling a bass boat and headed to the lake to fish. Only about a month earlier a couple of guys had been beaten nearly to death in jail there if I remember reight. I knew I had a tail light not burning on the boat because of a short...I stopped just outside town and peed on the light to make it burn. Barely made it thru town before it dried off and went out again. :cowboy:

Latest posts