Locked threads

Help Support CattleToday:

Larry, there are many terms. If you want to be sophisticated - let's call them - malcontents.

If you want some other options:
Complainer
Bellyacher
Grumbler
Gripper
Grouch

I've been on various forums now and through the years, and on thing that I noticed right away here is how moderators seem more secretive and removed.

I've been in several forums where moderators are identified as such unde their avatar. In other forums I've visited, when people start questioning why something was done, the mods always come in and explain it.

Just an observation that caught my attention.

TennesseeTuxedo":9kpmc19s said:
greybeard":9kpmc19s said:
A lot of the locked threads have a common subject denominator and common members participating.
Not a shock..it usually happens that way on every board.

Usually the same ones getting bent out of shape and complaining to the moderator is what I've noticed.
That too, tho I don't think I've ever reported anything to a moderator except once when some moron was disparaging another member's wife several years ago. (I've always felt kids and spousal units were off limits in these type boards.)

Bright Raven":2zp2mwty said:
Larry, there are many terms. If you want to be sophisticated - let's call them - malcontents.

If you want some other options:
Complainer
Bellyacher
Grumbler
Gripper
Grouch
:lol2: , my dad used to tell me "stop bellyachin". When he said that, I'd shut up because I wasn't too sure what constituted belly aching.

herofan":25r5edzs said:
I've been on various forums now and through the years, and on thing that I noticed right away here is how moderators seem more secretive and removed.

I've been in several forums where moderators are identified as such unde their avatar. In other forums I've visited, when people start questioning why something was done, the mods always come in and explain it.

Exactly how it should be. Allows them to be much more objective and unbiased.

ez14.":1kb1q53c said:
So anybody know who he is?

Pretty easy to figure out. Go through all the locked threads and take names. The ones that are consistently missing from a locked thread are likely the moderators. Sheriff generally doesn't get involved in the brawls - just shoots his gun in the air and everything stops.

That being said, I am not a moderator. Dun asked me once years ago if I wanted to, but I have no interest in surfing all the threads and keeping these kids in line. I know who one of mods was with Dun, and I suspect he is still a mod. If so, he does a fine job.

Ryder":1vf681xo said:
Aaron":1vf681xo said:
ez14.":1vf681xo said:
[/quote

That being said, I am not a moderator. Dun asked me once years ago if I wanted to, but I have no interest in surfing all the threads and keeping these kids in line.
Just out of curiosity what qualified you to be asked to be a moderator?

I don't know 100% why as I never specifically asked. But I used to avoid commenting on the controversial threads, or start any questionable threads and Dun made mention of that when he asked. But as I get older I get more cantankerous and enjoy stirring the shyt a bit. :D

herofan":30a0yvnd said:

I am on some Squirrel dog hunting pages and some mule riding pages and I think all of them show who the moderator is. As for my part I could careless who it is, they have there rules and if they bother me then I don't have to come here.

Workinonit Farm":23qfj1ao said:
In the 14 years that I have been on these boards, there have always been 2 mods.

Correct

Aaron":1iy1vf6p said:
ez14.":1iy1vf6p said:
So anybody know who he is?

Pretty easy to figure out. Go through all the locked threads and take names. The ones that are consistently missing from a locked thread are likely the moderators. Sheriff generally doesn't get involved in the brawls - just shoots his gun in the air and everything stops.

That being said, I am not a moderator. Dun asked me once years ago if I wanted to, but I have no interest in surfing all the threads and keeping these kids in line. I know who one of mods was with Dun, and I suspect he is still a mod. If so, he does a fine job.
That would put me at the top of the list.. and it ain't me!

herofan":23j27oj8 said:

We had one here 12 years ago that wanted everyone to know

Latest posts