Outdoor Kitchen

Help Support CattleToday:

After a couple of weeks of rain it ended sometime this morning and the guys showed up to work in a little mud. This new walkway is flagstone and decomposed granite. This crew only needs to show up one more time for a few tweaks and cleanup then they are finished.

Before:

After:

Farm Fence Solutions":3mkvr7x4 said:
You get that urinal installed by my stool yet?

Still trying to get that past the wife. That woman spends too much time out there for me to get any practical ideas past her.

sstterry":3mkvr7x4 said:
When are you having all down for a BBQ?

Shouldn't be long now. I'm still waiting on the smoker doors so I can get at least one practice cook in.

slick4591":2hs8h0c5 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2hs8h0c5 said:
You get that urinal installed by my stool yet?

Still trying to get that past the wife. That woman spends too much time out there for me to get any practical ideas past her.

sstterry":2hs8h0c5 said:
When are you having all down for a BBQ?

Shouldn't be long now. I'm still waiting on the smoker doors so I can get at least one practice cook in.

That's a good idea! Always enjoyed that Farmersville area. Wished I had bought some ground there back in the early 90s when they were selling it for that little birdie price.

slick4591":1l2z746p said:
The wife has been wanting one for years and it looks like it will become a reality for her in the near future. We had a contractor out yesterday that specializes in them and is working up some plans. Does anyone have experience with them? If so, what are some of the must haves?

So far on the list:

Argentine grill w/rotisserie
Propane grill
Small fridge
Sink
Double burner hot plate
That little initial list just grew and grew didn't it??
But, you'll get so much enjoyment out of it it will be worth it, and you deserve it as well.

greybeard":upak7u2n said:
slick4591":upak7u2n said:
The wife has been wanting one for years and it looks like it will become a reality for her in the near future. We had a contractor out yesterday that specializes in them and is working up some plans. Does anyone have experience with them? If so, what are some of the must haves?

So far on the list:

Argentine grill w/rotisserie
Propane grill
Small fridge
Sink
Double burner hot plate

That little initial list just grew and grew didn't it??
But, you'll get so much enjoyment out of it it will be worth it, and you deserve it as well.

It certainly did. I did loose the fridge, but so far that's not been a big deal. Ya know, you get started on these things and see the larger potential and it's hard to pull back on the reins. Thanks, but I'm not so sure I deserve it but the wife certainly does.

I've invited the pergola back because the wife decided she wants an old metal swing that's been in her family for at least three generations hung by the fire pit. He will also hang a sliding barn door at the south entry that we can close to block the north wind from the back door. Hopefully, he'll get started on that tomorrow. My landscaper has been in Florida cutting trees for a couple weeks and is now back working on his part. Heck, it may be summer again before this job is 100% complete. :shock:

A couple of things almost completed today. The sliding door separates the kitchen from the carport which is a wind tunnel from the north or south. It needs a little channel at the bottom to keep the door from being blown out at the bottom. The pergola is for a two person swing that's been in the wife's family for a couple or three generations. Waiting on hardware to come in to hang it. It's just off the fire pit under the oak tree.

slick4591":lmivier1 said:
A couple of things almost completed today. The sliding door separates the kitchen from the carport which and is a wind tunnel from the north or south. It needs a little channel at the bottom to keep the door from being blown out at the bottom. The pergola is for a two person swing that's been in the wife's family for a couple or three generations. Waiting on hardware to come in to hang it. It's just off the fire pit under the oak tree.

Slide the door both ways....& often....red wasps and dirt daubers love to build up in those steel tracks.........I like the looks of the door tho!

Thank you! The rock is in all of the flower beds now and the wife will select plants in the spring. Pretty sure we'll lay zoysia grass down then, too. Still more to come, but it keeps getting closer.

Pure juxtaposition!!!

noun
the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.
"the juxtaposition of these two images"

Latest posts