Possibly most stupid kitchen ? of the New Year . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Can you freeze sour cream? Seems like I bring it home because I have something particular planned to do with it, then I don't, then it get's outdated before I realize it and need it. Or I get some, then forget it have it and get some more 10 days later and I'm over-sour-creamed. ??

TG the New Year has just started, and there will be opportunity for others to ask something that will make you laugh more than this one!! But it's a serious question. I just don't know . . .

Kathie in Thorp":1qc9kuks said:
Can you freeze sour cream? Seems like I bring it home because I have something particular planned to do with it, then I don't, then it get's outdated before I realize it and need it. Or I get some, then forget it have it and get some more 10 days later and I'm over-sour-creamed. ??

TG the New Year has just started, and there will be opportunity for others to ask something that will make you laugh more than this one!! But it's a serious question. I just don't know . . .

You can freeze the sour cream , but it will separate and not be the same when it thaws. If you're just going to stir it into a soup or cook with it, that should/might be fine. If you intend to serve it as recognizable sour cream eg. on a baked potato you will be disappointed.

Kathie ,unopened sour cream has a really long shelf life, some 60 days and think Land O Lakes has a shelf like of 4 months before it goes off. If you don't open it until you are ready to use it then more than likely you are OK. BUT if you keep it in your fridge for a year before you make a recipe calling for it then you would be best to chuck it. :lol2:

Thanks! No fighting, kids! Usually, I need the SR just to add into something for the flavor -- doesn't have to look like a rich glob of SR on top of something.

hillsdown":f6bj3476 said:
hooknline":f6bj3476 said:
:banana: Beat ya to it HD.

Ah ,but my response was more detailed Hook !!! :banana: :p
Mine was concise, to the point, and even spelled right the first go around for a change. So there! :lol:

Latest posts