Outdoor Kitchen

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
10,448
Reaction score
70
Location
Farmersville, Texas
The wife has been wanting one for years and it looks like it will become a reality for her in the near future. We had a contractor out yesterday that specializes in them and is working up some plans. Does anyone have experience with them? If so, what are some of the must haves?

So far on the list:

Argentine grill w/rotisserie
Propane grill
Small fridge
Sink
Double burner hot plate
 

willow bottom

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
M-5":3ivsfpip said:
I fail to understand why a contractor has to be involved. A quick trip to lowes and you have everything you need.

Sometimes it's cheaper to hire someone than it is to do the work yourself
 
OP
slick4591

slick4591

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
10,448
Reaction score
70
Location
Farmersville, Texas
M-5":2pdeehxs said:
I fail to understand why a contractor has to be involved. A quick trip to lowes and you have everything you need.

You haven't seen my construction skills. My wife has and called the contractor.

TennesseeTuxedo":2pdeehxs said:
Could be he has a nice home and wants a first class outdoor kitchen.

This house was built in 1950, TT. We've already soaked lots keeping it up and yes, we want an upper level kitchen.

willow bottom":2pdeehxs said:
Sometimes it's cheaper to hire someone than it is to do the work yourself

In my case you would be correct.

Farm Fence Solutions":2pdeehxs said:
If you plan on inviting any fence builders over, a double tap kegerator would probably increase efficiency.

Fence builders are very welcome. But, I'm afraid when you see what I have for fences you would want to go to work out of sympathy. Yes, a beer tap is in consideration.
 

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
579
Location
Free Rent ,VA
slick4591":rip3ktrd said:
The wife has been wanting one for years and it looks like it will become a reality for her in the near future. We had a contractor out yesterday that specializes in them and is working up some plans. Does anyone have experience with them? If so, what are some of the must haves?

So far on the list:

Argentine grill w/rotisserie
Propane grill
Small fridge
Sink
Double burner hot plate

Congrats. I wish you all luck.
 

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
579
Location
Free Rent ,VA
slick4591":1mpztbqy said:
skyhightree1":1mpztbqy said:
slick4591":1mpztbqy said:
Thanks, Sky!

One suggestion though... Outdoor wood fired brick pizza oven

That's been discussed and don't think she's going for it. Thanks tho.

come on slick do you need me to call and talk to her and explain why you need it lol
 
OP
slick4591

slick4591

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
10,448
Reaction score
70
Location
Farmersville, Texas
We're not anti-pizza because we want to be, for sure. Diabetes and stuff sometimes get in the way. That guy built himself a really nice smoker. Thanks for the link!
 

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
579
Location
Free Rent ,VA
Gotcha... That sucks sorry I forgot about the D word. Yea, Masonry is not my strong point so I don't think I would even attempt it.
 

Latest posts

Top