Our first limi baby

Help Support CattleToday:

BC":hhow6gat said:
houstoncutter":hhow6gat said:
showmomof2":hhow6gat said:
We are raising registered limis and will show them in a limi class.
Lots aluck on that, most any bull I would use and do use ,would not be what the current Limi breeders would want.... They want to make em look like a steer......sorry a bull to me is supposed to look like a bull. Huge crest, massive chest, deep body, muscle.....lots of muscle that is even carried well done the to the point of looking applebutted......The kinda bulls u see on the Limousin websites in France and England
Please re-think your ideas on bulls. Those apple butted calves are not appealing in the show ring or the sale barn (they get docked -$)

You can select for thickness without having the round apple-butted, quarterhorse look.
Funny it seems the rest of the world likes Limi bulls to look like Limiousin..... If you doubt that just start googling Limi bull site in other countries....Chasing show ring fad dont cut it in the commercial world....As for the sale barn, when one of my bulls is done, he rings the bell everytime at the sale barn, cause those buyers know how much meat they are going to be getting on the dressing percentage

IHman":2u8qd6nn said:
Houstoncutter you mean bulls like these.
scan.jpg

scan00021.jpg

scan00014.jpg
like the first bull,,,what bulls are they...they last one looks like the bull name PUB

IHman":26z30la1 said:
scan.jpg

scan00021.jpg

scan00014.jpg

I can remember being impressed with bulls like these around thirty years ago. But those round butted bulls like the one on top produced females with bad fertility problems. And can you imagine the hard keeping, infertile females the pencil gutted bull in the middle would produce. I think the Limousin breed bred away from this type for a reason.

Houstoncutter, the top bull was the herdsire at Garry Smiths Hillcrest Limousins, Carnaval 86j. The bottom bull I believe was a full brother to Fanfaron. I dont remember the middle bull for sure. I know the top & bottom bulls are fullbloods. These bulls were from the Demier herd in Miami Ok. which later became Demier Sudbrink. At the time they had some of the best Limis in the business.

Ned Jr.":30un6sxr said:
IHman":30un6sxr said:
scan.jpg

scan00021.jpg

scan00014.jpg

I can remember being impressed with bulls like these around thirty years ago. But those round butted bulls like the one on top produced females with bad fertility problems. And can you imagine the hard keeping, infertile females the pencil gutted bull in the middle would produce. I think the Limousin breed bred away from this type for a reason.

The only reason the early Limousin cattle were infertile was because some of the early seedstock brought into this country had nuts on em the size walnuts.....Same goes for there temperment......some of those early ones were crazy as a loon....They passed on the nuttiness, unfortunatly it wasnt located between there legs.

ANAZAZI":mo4h6m8l said:
This is the way bulls are supposed to look like!
Yep thats what bulls are supposed to look like ......like the first and third bull....not a big fan of the second.............but here in the states we want to make em look like steers

I say if you want steers than make steers, I like bulls that can not be mistaken for cows or steers. If my cows on the other hand looks like bulls it is fine with me, because we are dealing with beef cattle :D

Latest posts