Ouachita, wtf flew over my house today?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I know there are some supply train shortages, but this is getting ridiculous. I didn't have my phone with me but it was loud, slow, pretty low (1500-2000' maybe) and tho I have seen lots of single engine planes, this one seemed to be missing some pretty important parts.
onewing.jpg

One wing was definitely longer than the other and the shortie was squared off at the end... and appeared to be completely missing a prime mover, tho there was something that may be a mount of some kind......

More than 1/2 of America's nuclear weapons are 458 miles NW of your house.
Pantex outside Amarillo Tx. America's one & only storage, assembly and disassembly facility for nuclear weapons. Between Pantex and Savannah River Facility in S.C. there is more plutonium than any 2 sites in the world.

Are you sure it didn't also have an engine on the front of the fuselage? Google "asymmetrical aircraft" and see if anything looks close. Most will have one engine on the fuselage, one on the left wing.

More than 1/2 of America's nuclear weapons are 458 miles NW of your house.
Pantex outside Amarillo Tx. America's one & only storage, assembly and disassembly facility for nuclear weapons. Between Pantex and Savannah River Facility in S.C. there is more plutonium than any 2 sites in the world.
Crap, I'm about 200 miles closer to Amarillo and it is west and a little south of me with a prevailing westerly wind.

There are many experimental/homebuilt aircraft with a similar asymmetrical build. I haven't seen one with one engine only on the left wing (or only on the right wing).
When I was in the workforce I watched two men in a homebuilt bi-plane fly it into the ground. They were flying and looked as if they were intending to make a turn like a cropduster and lost it. I mentioneed in the next day at work and the FAA wanted me to describe what I saw and even the next day it was hard to describe. Both survied and one injury to one was nothing more tha a cut nose where he hit the top of dash. Both were wearing motorcycle helmets.

When I was in the workforce I watched two men in a homebuilt bi-plane fly it into the ground. They were flying and looked as if they were intending to make a turn like a cropduster and lost it. I mentioneed in the next day at work and the FAA wanted me to describe what I saw and even the next day it was hard to describe. Both survied and one injury to one was nothing more tha a cut nose where he hit the top of dash. Both were wearing motorcycle helmets.
Was it the Wright Brothers?

Was it the Wright Brothers?
I did visit Huffman flying field outside of Dayton Ohio. That is where the Wrights flew the plane before Kitty Hawk. There is replica or their hanger and the catapult system for launching. the plane. Did you know the engine used was mfg in their bicycle shop If you ever get the chance to see the Air Force museum there in Dayton. Great experience for airplane enthusiast. Has exhibits from the Chinese hot air balloon up to the latest and what era they were used in. Lot of history around Dayton Ohio. Delco stands for Dayton Electric Company first electric starter invented there.

Here are two other planes in the muesem on static display. Hard to fathom how large they are without standing near and under them. The B52 and the XB 70.

I did visit Huffman flying field outside of Dayton Ohio. That is where the Wrights flew the plane before Kitty Hawk. There is replica or their hanger and the catapult system for launching. the plane. Did you know the engine used was mfg in their bicycle shop If you ever get the chance to see the Air Force museum there in Dayton. Great experience for airplane enthusiast. Has exhibits from the Chinese hot air balloon up to the latest and what era they were used in. Lot of history around Dayton Ohio. Delco stands for Dayton Electric Company first electric starter invented there.
I have the book "The Wright Brothers Mechanician", a biography of the brothers mechanic, Charles Taylor that built the engine and how he did it. It is autographed by Charles' grandson, Charlie Taylor II.

I was fortunate to visit Wright Patterson AFB museum in 1990. Yes, it is awe inspiring to stand next to so much heavy iron and genius, from when slide-rules ruled.

Latest posts