Opinions wanted - Part 2

Help Support CattleToday:

Okay guys, gals and beefies, here are some updated pics. Sorry about the quality, the light was fading fast.

P8240291.JPG

P8240286.JPG

P8240290.JPG

P8240293.JPG

and here is an update on one from the same group that was previously posted on a different thread

P8240294.JPG

i still think 1 and 2 are going to make the best cows. if i was going to buy one my first choice would be the brindle. the gray white-face looks better than i was expecting. The gray heifer formally known as the red heifer looks great too. the red one looks pretty good but smaller than the others?

:lol: I REALLY like #1 and 2. :heart: They would do really
well with my Wideload herf bull. All nice calves! :heart:

ALACOWMAN":2gm1e5ty said:
they are some of the best moma's out there, but gotta hand'le em with kid gloves. or it's your ass ;-)

You got that right.

They have been pretty easy to deal with but I don't even try to tag their calves on the ground. In one instance I didn't even try to get out of the truck. :shock:

I'll try to get some pic's of the calves. Two haven't calved yet. These gals are wild cards as for as predicting that first calf. Out of all I've kept so far the earliest one calved was 26 months and the latest 34 months.

I've also got a new batch of yearlings off the Brahman bull coming up so I'll try to get pic's of those as well (probably be this weekend before I can get out there so don't stand there tapping your foot Beefy).

that first picture looks like she's sayin get that camera out'a my face, fo i bust yo ass ;-) i like them cattle the only problem i would have is what bull to use

Thats a good looking bunch.
I noticed that you have a brahman bull on them.
It seems like you have plenty of ear already. If it were me I would go with angus or herford as someone else sugested.
Or maybe you have a good reason.

This is an interesting study in cattle diversification. They should certainly be able to tolerate heat, insects and humidity!

QUESTIONS:

How do they perform during very dry weather?

How do they perform during moderately cold weather?

What is your primary purpose in raising them?

What is the primary genetic breed background for the breeding herd?

What are your "sales targets?"

What are your long-term business goals for your herd?

I am really interested in your answers. Thank you.

DOC HARRIS

milesvb":1wp40p6a said:
ALACOWMAN":1wp40p6a said:
they are some of the best moma's out there, but gotta hand'le em with kid gloves. or it's your ass ;-)

You got that right.

They have been pretty easy to deal with but I don't even try to tag their calves on the ground. In one instance I didn't even try to get out of the truck. :shock:
Would you be talking about the brindle here? :roll:

DOC HARRIS":2q5ehz2d said:
This is an interesting study in cattle diversification. They should certainly be able to tolerate heat, insects and humidity!

QUESTIONS:

How do they perform during very dry weather?

How do they perform during moderately cold weather?

What is your primary purpose in raising them?

What is the primary genetic breed background for the breeding herd?

What are your "sales targets?"

What are your long-term business goals for your herd?

I am really interested in your answers. Thank you.

DOC HARRIS

Doc; I just thought I would bring this back up to the top as I beleive they are important questions for most anyone raiseing cattle. It certainly made me rethink my little operation. This is what every beginner should start with.

A well known speaker I listened to years ago, Zig Ziggler,said
"If you take a ship out to sea and have no destination or know how you would get there you just go in circles."

novatech":1fgktrt1 said:
It seems like you have plenty of ear already. If it were me I would go with angus or herford as someone else sugested.
where do see a brahman bull? something is maintaining about half blood ears on the calves. maybe gelbvieh

ALACOWMAN":3ncjmj60 said:
novatech":3ncjmj60 said:
where do see a brahman bull? something is maintaining about half blood ears on the calves. maybe gelbvieh

My mistake, glad you caught that.

Latest posts