Opinions Please

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake":2rt1qsj3 said:
now for some constructive criticism just for you Mike. He looks awful short coupled in this picture and looks like he needs some length, his topline could use some work also. Other than those essentials cleaning up his front end would also improve his over all attractiveness.
Jake - the criticism is accurate - the justification of the picture is that he is only 18 mos old, and given another 6 mos, you will see a remarkable improvement in his phenotypical appearance. His "'teen-age" growth patterns have concentrated on his hindquarters, as is typical of bulls AND of Charolais cattle, and when he 'balances' his 'long-bone' growth genetics and gets to be a two-year old breeding bull - THEN we will have a Charolais bull to talk about!

Right now you are right on about his appearance.

DOC HARRIS

Good looking bull for sure!

I would bet if you worked with him getting a picture there would be a natural stance in the bull that he would be stretched out some more. He doesn't look like he could stand in that positiion all day, so there could be a better pic yet!

I would be proud of that bull, IMHO!

Mike that is a fine Bull. He has a mighty fine look to him.I would be proud to park him in my pasture anytime.

rattler

He reminds me of a bull I used to own. Not the prettiest bull in the pasture but looks to have lots of hooks to hang meat on and capacity to hold fuel. Have you seen him in person? I sure got some good calves from mine.

Guys, unproven, commanded 40k as a yearling, good looking wait for more info. I am interested in the assertation bloodline, Lt Assertation (sire of bluegrass) was also the sire of the Show Female and Show Bull of the year in the charolais breed in 05. Assertation died this spring in a freak accident fighting with another bull. Scared at what little data there is on the family due to the fact it was only introduced to the public in 03 with the MGS Eatons Asset. P>S> Bluegrass is sub 6.5 frame. Sire is 6.7 frame, Charolais that don't carry the WCR prefix or Duke bloodlines have the ability to be beefy cattle, and they grow... fast. I love Angus, but if Emblazon would add alittle more frame to his calves he would be more popular!!

Dusty":3lfon4ye said:
Guys, unproven, commanded 40k as a yearling, good looking wait for more info. I am interested in the assertation bloodline, Lt Assertation (sire of bluegrass) was also the sire of the Show Female and Show Bull of the year in the charolais breed in 05. Assertation died this spring in a freak accident fighting with another bull. Scared at what little data there is on the family due to the fact it was only introduced to the public in 03 with the MGS Eatons Asset. P>S> Bluegrass is sub 6.5 frame. Sire is 6.7 frame, Charolais that don't carry the WCR prefix or Duke bloodlines have the ability to be beefy cattle, and they grow... fast. I love Angus, but if Emblazon would add alittle more frame to his calves he would be more popular!!

Dusty, Just last October I trailered the Assertion 1277 bull and the one he was fighting with back to my place to be picked up by the owner (in Georgia). When I found out that he died I was glad I kept them separated the whole trip!

I also got a good look at this bull at Hawkeye last year. He was full of meat.

I am just looking for an outcross to breed my Rio Blanco daughters to and thought this might be the one.

For an outcross, you might want to try LMG Gills Big Spread 4533. Would sure make some nice ones!!! :shock: :lol:

BRG":ru3usl6b said:
For an outcross, you might want to try LMG Gills Big Spread 4533. Would sure make some nice ones!!! :shock: :lol:

If you could get the registration papers through I'd do it!

Or I could just start a Charedgus Registry!

I do like those yellow calves. 8)

THREE Charolais on the internet listing is a pretty weak offering. Most individual breeders have that many bulls they can sell semen off of.

Mike are you going to AI from him, if so let me know how to get a few straws. I would love to use him on my #91 heifer

C HOLLAND":25oo8dyl said:
Mike are you going to AI from him, if so let me know how to get a few straws. I would love to use him on my #91 heifer

What's her breeding and physical attributes? Just curious.

I will have to get you the reg number when I get home.

Oh yeah is "She's PURTEEEEEEEEEE does that count as an attribute. :lol:

Mike, in the catalog for Ultimate Genetics there are 11 bulls. WCR Sir Impressive 8191P, nice bull. I just looked at Bovine Elite, he's on there too.

Latest posts