Opinions Please

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
mybull.jpg
[/img]

MikeC,

What's up? Is this fellow suppose to be an albino Black Angus? ;-)

Just take a brush an paint it black. It'll put a whole different perspective on things.

Nowland Farms":3m9mxxff said:
MikeC,

What's up? Is this fellow suppose to be an albino Black Angus? ;-)

Just take a brush an paint it black. It put a whold different perspective on things.

I've said it before but that really did happen in 1972 at the Nationals.

No, I'm thinking about using this boy some this year. Just wanted to see if he got boos and hisses. That's all.

He's young in the picture, only 18 months.

Nice butt! (The bull, not you) :lol:

Is that a Murray White? 8)

I'm not the biggest charlais fan for personal reasons, but all jokes aside he is an attractive animal. My only qualm with him would be his topline. One could do much worse.

cfpinz

I think he looks great Mike---much better than the
typical char that I see in these parts...terrific rear end!

now for some constructive criticism just for you Mike. He looks awful short coupled in this picture and looks like he needs some length, his topline could use some work also. Other than those essentials cleaning up his front end would also improve his over all attractiveness.

I like his front end; and that short, thick neck. I would
not use a long-necked bull----looks too much like
a dairy cow.

PS: What's all that green stuff he is standing in??!

Very Nice bull Mike! Are you sure he doesn't have a little MG in his background!?!? :lol:

All kidding aside I like the bull. You can't call him a hatchet butt. If I was going to use a char bull, I would use him on some cows. Thick on both ends. Question the calving ease.

Jake":2iqkpjb2 said:
now for some constructive criticism just for you Mike. He looks awful short coupled in this picture and looks like he needs some length, his topline could use some work also. Other than those essentials cleaning up his front end would also improve his over all attractiveness.

I agree with the front end and the particular heifers I would breed him to might even it out. Might?

Topline is a lot better now that he has put on some age but still questionable.

He does look short in the picture but he is actually pretty long. I think his depth makes the length kind of an optical illusion.

I sound like I'm trying to convince myself but am taking a big chance on an unproven bull and it worries me.

His calving ease is unimportant to me. They'll come in around 85 lbs. which is about right for me.

His carcass merit and gut is what I'm interested in. His growth is so-so but his cow family is excellent.

Thanks for the replies. All of you.

Murray White? :lol: :lol:

Mike- I like him...Not like many of the Chars you see that have too much room between the ground and their belly- all legs.... Still probably about a 7 frame tho-eh ?

Got a nice looking rear end to him.....Now if he had a guaranteed under 80lb birthweight I'd be looking at him...

He looks somewhat out of balance to me. I think it has a lot to do with that massive back-end :shock: in combination with the swayed back. I wouldn't breed him to everything in the herd, but like you said bred to the right females he should make some great calves. ;-)

Good looking bull, Mike for a Charolais. Except for his topline he is hard to criticize. I reallly like his depth and thick butt.

First of all, my hats off to the photographer. Excellent photo. Nice bull, too. Good structure, thickness, smooth shouldered. Need more like him in the country.

Latest posts