Op-Ed idiots

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
The NYTimes has given another wacko space on their editorial page.

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/o ... ort=newest

A 19 yr old girl spends a night at Rikers Island (jail) for killing a hamster. It's a felony.
The girl was enraged at a sibling and slammed siblings hamster to the floor, killing said hamster. That is awful, and the girl needs a spanking and a long talk about responsibility, not a felony rap.
She was arrested by the ASPCA, which has 18 agents in NYC. The ASPCA has arrest power, I assume. Think about that!

The article is gone in the link but you can still read the comments from people.
My G*d, these people are truely frightening in their extremism.
These are not even people you could begin to have an intelligent conversation with.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ... commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1 Timothy 4:1-3

How many years will I get for this.

cid_1.jpg

john250":31ww4kdg said:

A 19 yr old girl spends a night at Rikers Island (jail) for killing a hamster. It's a felony.
The girl was enraged at a sibling and slammed siblings hamster to the floor, killing said hamster. That is awful, and the girl needs a spanking and a long talk about responsibility, not a felony rap.
She was arrested by the ASPCA, which has 18 agents in NYC. The ASPCA has arrest power, I assume. Think about that!

Yes, the ASPCA has the power to arrest in NYC, and animal cruelty is a felony. Think about what? The fact that this 19 year old girl committed animal cruelty? The fact that she killed an animal is a fit of rage? Or perhaps you are saying it's ok that she killed a hamster instead of her sibling? The fact of the matter is that, at 19 years of age - an age when she should be fully capable of accepting responsibility for her actions, joining into society on a more adult level, making decisions about the rest of her life, and becoming a productive member of society - she didn't have the maturity or control to act in an responsible, adult fashion while in a state of anger and killed an animal as a result of that. Are you saying that it's ok because it was just an animal? At the risk of sounding "radical", I think not.

Jogeephus":3ene14rz said:
One things is for sure, Richard Gere best not move to New York.
Why? Is diving a gerbil a private tunnel residence a bad thing?

Possibly not. Some would probably just view this as an act of love and has nothing to do with anger. Besides, people have the right to express themselves as long as its not in anger.

Jogeephus":1covb4zz said:
Possibly not. Some would probably just view this as an act of love and has nothing to do with anger. Besides, people have the right to express themselves as long as its not in anger.
Sounds like you've been to law school!

msscamp":2i6m64to said:
john250":2i6m64to said:

Yes, the ASPCA has the power to arrest in NYC, and animal cruelty is a felony. Think about what? The fact that this 19 year old girl committed animal cruelty? The fact that she killed an animal is a fit of rage? Or perhaps you are saying it's ok that she killed a hamster instead of her sibling? The fact of the matter is that, at 19 years of age - an age when she should be fully capable of accepting responsibility for her actions, joining into society on a more adult level, making decisions about the rest of her life, and becoming a productive member of society - she didn't have the maturity or control to act in an responsible, adult fashion while in a state of anger and killed an animal as a result of that. Are you saying that it's ok because it was just an animal? At the risk of sounding "radical", I think not.
i dont think any1 on here is saying that it was ok for her to kill the animal but that charging her with a felony is ridiculous.i mean come on a person can go out and get pizz drunk and drive around town endangering HUMAN lives and only get a misdemeanor.sounds more like the girl needs anger management than a felony.do u really think that first she considered killing her sibling then thought well punk its your lucky day i'm just gonna kill the rat? kinda doubt that.

msscamp":1csqpj8e said:
[Yes, the ASPCA has the power to arrest in NYC, and animal cruelty is a felony. Think about what? The fact that this 19 year old girl committed animal cruelty? The fact that she killed an animal is a fit of rage? Or perhaps you are saying it's ok that she killed a hamster instead of her sibling? The fact of the matter is that, at 19 years of age - an age when she should be fully capable of accepting responsibility for her actions, joining into society on a more adult level, making decisions about the rest of her life, and becoming a productive member of society - she didn't have the maturity or control to act in an responsible, adult fashion while in a state of anger and killed an animal as a result of that. Are you saying that it's ok because it was just an animal? At the risk of sounding "radical", I think not.

I never said what the girl did was OK. I will say the punishment needs to fit the crime and there was no need to throw this girl in Rikers Island and put a felony on her record. ASPCA would like to arrest YOU, Msscamp, if you castrate, dehorn, tail-dock or slaughter your animals for meat. To give ASPCA the power to arrest is out of my comfort zone. Animal cruelty is a slippery slope. In Switzerland you can be arrested for fishing. And the fish will have a court provided attorney to make sure you are punished.

Recently, PETA is pushing "washington lawmakers" to pass a sin tax for beef -- since according to their infinite wisdom --Beef is so bad for people.

JS

I just went through something with animals and I think things get blown way out of porportion.

Sounds like she needed her butt whiped and phone and computer taken away for a week. Kids dont have any consaquinces ( I know that ist spelled right ) . They just throw a fit till they get it.

msscamp":3fi6yla4 said:
john250":3fi6yla4 said:

msscamp, We're talking about a "Hamster"

Well, I think that's about the quickest way out for the hamster, it's not a long agonizing death... if I catch packrats by hand (with gloves mind you) that's how I kill them.. what else are you going to do? drown it? yeah, that's better!... Again, I think perhaps the girl needs anger management, perhaps her sister needs something as well, maybe the parents too...
I think animal cruelty is a slippery slope, and I'm not OK with having to go through red tape to be "SPCA certified", it's just more bureaucracy and instead, I invite anyone interested in buying humanely grown beef to come take a look at how I do things. I also think it's ridiculous that in this area 3 old nags (yes, horses) were taken to the SPCA and given incredible care to nurse them back to life, when a farmer has to shoot a cow because he can't afford the vet. Then on Youtube I get a guy asking me if I'd give him permission to use a video of one of my cows grazing to promote his vegan campaign.. I said it's completely against my interest... I also said that if his reason for not eating meat was religious, I was perfectly OK with it, and if it was because of animal cruelty (it was), to go do some damned legwork and find a local farmer/rancher and get it directly. If he was going to use any of my vids for promoting healthy, humanely raised meat, I would have been OK with it.

The long and the short, I think the SPCA has it's place... its to prevent people from starving their cats and dogs, horses and cows, etc, and making sure they have the basic things they need, but this is crazy

Nesikep. You hit the nail on the head ( PARENTS)

If all (parents) would have been raised like I was. I do believe they would have a little more common sense. Or are we losing common sense and making more idiots because of lack of education?

How many (city ) people know the process to get the beef or chicken or pork to the table? If they all knew that would we have more Vegans and less meat eaters? How many people elected really know how to put in a good hard days work? How many are farmer friendly? I think it is all a money game now, with no common sense. The question is why? Greed? I dont know.

I have to go get some heifer checked. And get off here.