Electric co-op annual meeting-pics

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Last night was the annual membership meeting for our electric co-op. I think they do a good job of putting it on. There were at least 300 people in the meeting and many others who came and picked up their capital checks but didn't stay for the business meeting. They had drawings for free propane, electricity, gift cards, and also gave away 10 bikes, 5 boys and 5 girls in various sizes.

It all started with a hayride so everyone didn't have to hike up the hill. The shot looks foggy because my camera lense fogged up when we got out of the truck. Hubby had it cold in there!
100_1529.jpg

They have a nice big facility, fairly new.
100_1541.jpg

They have a propane division.....wouldn't it be nice to have one of those big boys full behind your house???
100_1537.jpg

They brought in a wee wee wagon to keep from overwhelming their facilities in the building. This is waaaaaaaay better than porta potties. It is like an rv toilet, there is a flush and the tank is sealed off except during the flush. A good thing in this hot weather!
100_1534.jpg

They brought in some giant a/c units because the meeting was held with folding chairs set up in their very clean warehouse/garage.
Outside-
100_1535.jpg

Inside-
100_1538.jpg

They opened the meeting with a prayer and the pledge of allegience. Then a lady sang the national anthem and did a great job. Everyone stood and it looked like all the men removed their hats. One of those "proud to be an American" moments.
100_1540.jpg

Our son gave us a drive-by visit to pick something up from his dad. So we got to see our grand-daughter briefly too. This is her and her great-grandpa, my dad.
100_1530.jpg

A distant thunderstorm as we were leaving....
100_1542.jpg

I enjoy looking at others' pictures when they post them so I sure hope everyone feels that way and I'm not wearing you out with these.

I enjoyed the pics. they also reminded me of the electric coop meetings we used to attend when I was growing up in Missouri. Tose annuall meetings were a big todo.with entertainment and door pirzes. Thanks for the reminder.

Latest posts