Idiots!

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
My crazy sister in law who lives in Daytona Beach, just a couple blocks from the Atlantic, is not going to leave. My brother in law wants to leave, but she rules the roost and will not leave and he'll stay if she wont leave. The bridges are going to be closed off at 6pm, and technically traffic is so bad now they missed their chance to leave. Her reason, the house has been there 80 years and hurricanes dont effect Daytona. Big sigh..... They moved there just a little over a year ago. We stopped by there when we went to Key West in Jan. Its a cute house, close to the beach. Her plan is toooo, :shock: hunker down in the basement. Their house is 11 ft above sea level....they are forecasting 9+ surges...not to mention 100+ winds.
So, tomorrow while i keep the grandkids and mother in law, we'll be storm watching for sure....

Not saying that this reflects your in-laws... but these are the exact same people that when the you-know-what hits the fan they will be crying that the government didn't act fast enough to come rescue them. Seen this same thing when Katrina hit. When the authorities command you to evacuate and you choose not to... in my opinion you are on your own!!

M-5":16zj495w said:
Some folks need to learn hard lessons in life plus a woman that wont listen to her husband deserves what they get

My wife doesn't dominate me, and I don't try to dominate her. We make important decisions together. With that being said, if she wanted to stay in that situation (don't get me wrong, she wouldn't), and I couldn't convince her to go, I don't think I could go off and leave her there by herself.

First Responders risk their lives and some loose their lives rescuing people who do not have common sense.

I know a woman who lived in Miami and she sat every hurricane out in her home. She'd sit there and get drunk and watch the fireworks. When Andrew hit them she told me she was sitting in her chair looking out the sliding glass door when a cat came flying through the yard and broke the glass. She collected the cat and sat drinking and petting it till the storm subsided. So what I'm saying is I hope they have a well stocked bar.

Jogeephus":xoxgh4en said:
I know a woman who lived in Miami and she sat every hurricane out in her home. She'd sit there and get drunk and watch the fireworks. When Andrew hit them she told me she was sitting in her chair looking out the sliding glass door when a cat came flying through the yard and broke the glass. She collected the cat and sat drinking and petting it till the storm subsided. So what I'm saying is I hope they have a well stocked bar.

Well, I don't think anyone should risk their lives because of the independence of the human spirit, but I also think a person's right to chose is sacred. In fact, I think it would be fun to watch cats hurled through space. If she decides to do that again, I will bring the wine. :cowboy:

Jogeephus":2sg4464b said:
She's lucky it was a cat and not a Cadillac.

She just sent a picture of the basement. They've taken their mattress down there to sleep on the floor. Thinning the herd as they say.
We've always joked that she drugs my BIL, my husbands brother. Its each their second marriage. I dont know what his first wife did to him, but once he married crazy, he changed.. I no longer speak to her via text. After trying to get them to stay in a camper while visiting because my MIL had just been diagnosed with stage 4 mastitic cancer. A house full of people were going to be there and my SIL, husbands sister, would not come if crazy was in the same house. So it was my job to get either one to stay in the very nice camper parked in the driveway. It was just for sleeping and who wouldnt want to have a place to get away from everything. Anywho, after suggesting it to crazy, she went off the handle thinking i was trying to keep her from all the family, ugh....she called me bossy and rude. I'm nice to her when she's here, but i'm no longer her texting friend..

My nephew, his wife, and 4 children are at Disney right now. Been there all week, and aren't leaving. They said it's a safe place. I've never been, so I don't know. I hate for my great nieces and nephews to be down there in it. Them other 2 can make there own bed to lay in. My 90 year old MIL took a sharp turn for the worse this week. I believe partially from worrying about all of them.

M-5":1pggy7f6 said:
Disney closed Today at 5 and will b e closed tIll storm is gone

My understanding from them was, they were staying there. Are the rides closed, but housing still available? They were impressed that it had its own water supply.

I evacuated 1 time during Rita .. I'll never leave again .. i almost shot a guy at a gas station .. sat on the porch and watched Ike roll through .. we don't have trees for a reason .. I live on a hill and If my house floods beaumont will be 20 foot under .. no reason to call people idiots for staying and protecting what they have worked for ..

JSCATTLE":1xs9s17b said:
I evacuated 1 time during Rita .. I'll never leave again .. i almost shot a guy at a gas station .. sat on the porch and watched Ike roll through .. we don't have trees for a reason .. I live on a hill and If my house floods beaumont will be 20 foot under .. no reason to call people idiots for staying and protecting what they have worked for ..
Why did you almost shoot a guy at a gas station?

He kept turning my gas pump off and when I told him to stop he acted like he wanted to fight .. him and his friends had surrounded my truck when i came out of the store .. I had my wife and kids with me and I don't fist fight any more .. pulled up my shirt and his tune changed .. never had to pull the gun and didn't want to because I was taught u point a gun at something be ready to kill it. Or them ..

Latest posts