one to rip apart if you like

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
Bred heifer, part of my show string. Probably carries a little too much condition, but its from pasture only. Never had grain in her life. She is about a frame 5, for the showring I would have prefered her a touch taller.
IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

Halfsib to this bull I've posted a while ago
IMG_5353.jpg

I don't think you should have her on your place Knersie.... :eek:

I'd be happy to take her off your hands and have her on MINE!! :D :banana:

I really like her, very nice

who is she bred to?

She'd done a lot better doing it our way, you know, if you had kept her up, fed her a lot of feed, hosed her off every day, blow dried her after her daily wash and clipped her, you might would have really had something. :)
Nice heifer. Good luck in the show.

I like the 5 frame shorter heifers and cows. That's what I am breeding towards. Looks like you are there. Very nice slick clean looking heifer. Congratulations and good luck at the shows. Maybe this is the time for the slightly smaller cow.

Jim

KNERSIE":1afawyaj said:
Bred heifer, part of my show string. Probably carries a little too much condition, but its from pasture only. Never had grain in her life. She is about a frame 5, for the showring I would have prefered her a touch taller.
IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

Halfsib to this bull I've posted a while ago
IMG_5353.jpg

That must be some really good grass. Thanks for your post.

All your missing is a little hair to clip and fit, Just kiddin, real nice :tiphat:

This is NOT a Critique AT ALL but a legit question about show cattle such as these . . . she seems masculine . . . and I love the way she looks but does that masculinity matter? Or maybe she's really not all that masculine and it's my own eye? I don't show cattle at all but it seems to me - external observations only - her masculinity would make her a tough fit on the angus show circuit - NOT that I agree with that within my own breed. Enough caveats . . . thoughts?

Typically more feminine (finer) heifers show better. I wouldn't say she is masculine, just not as angular as you'd expect to see in modern angus cattle. Remember she is still a beef animal, she settled on the first AI service, she is out of a heavy milking cow and sired by a trait leading milk sire, her dam's ICP is exceptional, how much more femininity do you really need?

Me? I don't need anything more - except a few more of those heifers - just wondering if your judges would.

KNERSIE":39ai119u said:
Typically more feminine (finer) heifers show better. I wouldn't say she is masculine, just not as angular as you'd expect to see in modern angus cattle. Remember she is still a beef animal, she settled on the first AI service, she is out of a heavy milking cow and sired by a trait leading milk sire, her dam's ICP is exceptional, how much more femininity do you really need?

How old is she and when is she due to calve?

I think you might want to look at that fence behind her that looks like it is ready to fall.

Latest posts