One of those days..

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Had two late calves yesterday... both bulls.. one red one black.
Red one crapped all over me while I was banding it...and that was after roping it twice, and it got loose. (I was kind of glad to get that small green band around his nuts) :x
Black one was real wild one... roped him once.. got him down.. then he proceeded to knock my hat off, as well as kick me right in the jaw, leaving a mark and swollen jaw. Again.. it felt good to get that band on that one too!! :D

having a bad day like that is rough.all you can do is hope you can end the day without getting hurt to bad.no worries now those bad little bulls are now steers.

i think thats my problem. i see the negitivity. you saw the positivity beefy. kudo's to you. once again this board has made me relize my wrong ways. congrats on the two new steers. :)

If I can't get to those little bulls before their a day old. Well I most of the time just make sure I do.

Limomike":135x71n1 said:
Had two late calves yesterday... both bulls.. one red one black.
Red one crapped all over me while I was banding it...and that was after roping it twice, and it got loose. (I was kind of glad to get that small green band around his nuts) :x
Black one was real wild one... roped him once.. got him down.. then he proceeded to knock my hat off, as well as kick me right in the jaw, leaving a mark and swollen jaw. Again.. it felt good to get that band on that one too!! :D

It could have been worse - you could have had 2 dead calves. ;-) It goes with the territory!

thats right.. they are both doing fine now.
That black one was fairly big when he was born, just a stout little bull calf. Hes going to a brute.
But with his Momma being a big red Santa Gertrudis, and his Daddy a big black Limi.. no wonder.
I actually love this life.. no matter what happens.