One of these days I'll catch them.

Help Support CattleToday:

It ain't my lock or my deer ram, I just can't stand crap like that. Daddy always told me when I was young " Theys two kind of people, givers and takers". I don't much jee-haw with takers.[/quote]

I'm all ears if you have a plan, JMJ. The last time I didn't have a plan when I caught some poachers on my property. At that time I wasn't a Georgia resident, and I spent 3 nights in jail and my bond was set at a $100k. I'm almost 20 years older now and don't really want to go through that again. But I'm beginning to fear for my life, you know there's no telling what some poacher with a gun might do.

Denver, the 223 casing really makes this odd. There's no reason why someone would do that. Any chance you recovered the bullet?

But I'm beginning to fear for my life,
There ya go--that's all you need.
No matter what, nowadays it's a 'get out of jail free' card.
I've done had two different policemen tell me "When the police arrive, just tell them you 'feared for your life'. It works for us and it will work for you".
Here in Texas anyway.

ram":139xennl said:
It ain't my lock or my deer ram, I just can't stand crap like that. Daddy always told me when I was young " Theys two kind of people, givers and takers". I don't much jee-haw with takers.

I'm all ears if you have a plan, JMJ. The last time I didn't have a plan when I caught some poachers on my property. At that time I wasn't a Georgia resident, and I spent 3 nights in jail and my bond was set at a $100k. I'm almost 20 years older now and don't really want to go through that again. But I'm beginning to fear for my life, you know there's no telling what some poacher with a gun might do.[/quote]

I better clarify ram. What I meant by that was givers=people who do right and help others and takers=people who use others for what they can get out of them and don't generally contribute to society in a positive way. My plan would involve finding out who it was and having some proof and then prosecuting them. My local game warden would be more than happy to set up a dummy deer for enticement. As far as encountering a poacher and fearing for your life... I fear for mine about every time I leave the house. People are crazy these days. But grey beard hit the nail on the head. I do realize that it ain't worth getting shot over also. Most low life's when confronted are much like a coyote in a trap. They cower down. But that's not always a given either. I would probably start with the game warden. If he wouldn't help then I would probably try the elevated trail camera. And I sure ain't telling you that you're doing right or wrong. I just can't stand people who tear up gates and fences and locks and stuff. That's just roguish. I wouldn't want to shoot somebody unless they were trying to harm me or my family. Sorry for the rant. I'm on your team ram. If you don't mind me asking, where exactly are you located. You can PM me if you don't want it on the board. Or you can tell me it's none of my dam business :deadhorse:

I don't mind one bit JMJ, I have land in Dodge, Telfair, Wheeler and Laurens counties. And Helena is the closest town to me.

Well how bout that. Me and you got to get together. I live in dodge. About 2 miles from Milan. And about 4 from Chauncey. We practically neighbors.

Somebody last month stole a small refrigerator that was weather to hell for the 10 cents of copper in it I'm sure, and I bet just dumped the $400 unused bottle of medicine.

Haven't figured out the best option just yet, but I haven't given up figuring.

Ram that sucks I hope you do find them. I agree about the nails in buried ply wood board.

DMF that is BS I hope you find them

skyhightree1":33enwmgz said:
Ram that sucks I hope you do find them. I agree about the nails in buried ply wood board.

DMF that is BS I hope you find them
I'm working on it, got cameras out and all the close neighbors are helping, it's hard to explain this without seeing my place, but it's really weird for someone to have been where this happened. It's been a bad year for stuff like this, I take care of a 800 acre place for a friend that's out of state and I checked on it the other day and found that someone has been cutting some cedar on it. I'm sure I know who did it, I've got cameras out over there now to get the proof.

JMJ Farms":3d79p2wn said:
Well how bout that. Me and you got to get together. I live in dodge. About 2 miles from Milan. And about 4 from Chauncey. We practically neighbors.

I'm sure our paths have crossed. Georgia Prime is on the other side of Gum Swamp from me. And Mrs. Williamsv is just across the river from you. We all need to meet up at the Three Rivers Cattlemen's supper. I imagine that the supper will be held at 7pm Thursday February 11th at Turnpike Creek Farms. And don't forget that their bull - production sale will be Saturday February 6th.
It's a small world sometimes.

ram":1otfqzj7 said:
JMJ Farms":1otfqzj7 said:

I'm sure our paths have crossed. Georgia Prime is on the other side of Gum Swamp from me. And Mrs. Williamsv is just across the river from you. We all need to meet up at the Three Rivers Cattlemen's supper. I imagine that the supper will be held at 7pm Thursday February 11th at Turnpike Creek Farms. And don't forget that their bull - production sale will be Saturday February 6th.
It's a small world sometimes.

I'm telling you it's real small indeed. I don't know ga.prime. I do know mrs Williamson. I'd like to meet all of you. I haven't been to the turnpike sale in several years. Maybe one of these rainy days I can come visit.

Latest posts