One of these days I'll catch them.

Help Support CattleToday:

ram

Reaction score

I drove by there at 11.30 last night and no tracks, and this is what I found at dinner time today. Someone shot the lock and drove in and picked up a deer. One of these days I'll catch them, and when I do their vehicle will not leave my property.
Poachers and trespassers are a bunch of low life scumbags.

I hope you do Ram. And I sincerely agree with you. It dam sure ain't a honest mans world anymore. Go to work, save your money, buy some land, and can't even enjoy it because you're too busy having to guard it. When you do I hope you fry their a$$. Just don't get locked up. Sometimes even the law ain't got no common sense no more

I'd suggest a piece of plywood with drywall screws through it a little past the gate, but I know in my case I'd be my own victim.

Good luck catching them.. game camera perhaps?

Nesikep":2ob5z4w6 said:
I'd suggest a piece of plywood with drywall screws through it a little past the gate, but I know in my case I'd be my own victim.

Good luck catching them.. game camera perhaps?

Both good ideas. If you get along with the local game warden he could be of help. Some of the ones we've had in our area would have been all to happy to camp out for weeks and do surveillance. Depends on how gung-ho they are. I still like the idea of screwing up all four tires. Or digging a hole big enough to swallow a whole truck. Can't stand a trespasser that damages property. That's the scum of the earth.

TCRanch said:
Did you call the Sheriff?

That's a joke, but it's not funny. No I didn't call the Sheriff, I don't have 30-45 minutes to waste waiting on a deputy to show up, maybe. Trespassing and stealing are minor crimes around here. Drinking coffee, eating donuts and BS-ing with other officers is way more appealing, then being out on the road doing your job. And the game warden is worse. But I don't have any issues with the DNR officers, there's only 7 officers for 9 counties here in middle Georgia. I feel bad calling and bothering them, but at least they will show up.

Ram it's a PITA to put up but an infrared trail camera (without a flash) about 12-15 foot above the ground is dang near undetectable.

JMJ Farms":1fdyjyy8 said:
Ram it's a PITA to put up but an infrared trail camera (without a flash) about 12-15 foot above the ground is dang near undetectable.
If they are paranoid enough about being there they will find those too. That was what the 3 I lost were.

I learned a long time ago, you can't win against a loser. The law is no help, deturants don't help.

That's no good, hope you catch them. I had someone shoot a heifer here the other day, i will probably find out who did it eventually.

dun":27jlf9qq said:
JMJ Farms":27jlf9qq said:
If they are paranoid enough about being there they will find those too. That was what the 3 I lost were.

If they take time to look at all the trees around for cameras fifteen foot in the air they ain't too paranoid about being there because only means they've got to stick around longer. And carry a dang good ladder with them. Cable it to the tree and brush it in. If you take your time you can make it dang near invisible. Don't put it right at the gate. Or put you out some boards or plywood with nails or screws or lag bolts. Bury the board. Takes a while to change four tires. And if they leave with them flat they'll be easy to follow. Good can triumph evil. Just got to be persistent and outfox the fox. Good luck ram. I'd be glad to come help you catch them.

Good can triumph evil. Just got to be persistent and outfox the fox. Good luck ram. I'd be glad to come help you catch them.[/quote]

You can take the early shift JMJ. :D I'm not really trying to catch them, and I prefer not to really. But I drive by all the time checking for feet tracks and vandalism. Hopefully my son will figure out what kind of camera's I need. I'm wanting the kind that TX the pictures to your cell phone.

ram":3d4wb70g said:
Good can triumph evil. Just got to be persistent and outfox the fox. Good luck ram. I'd be glad to come help you catch them.

You can take the early shift JMJ. :D I'm not really trying to catch them, and I prefer not to really. But I drive by all the time checking for feet tracks and vandalism. Hopefully my son will figure out what kind of camera's I need. I'm wanting the kind that TX the pictures to your cell phone.[/quote]

They have those now. It takes another contract with Verizon or ATT or ????.

JMJ Farms":erzge0yi said:
dun":erzge0yi said:
JMJ Farms":erzge0yi said:

If they take time to look at all the trees around for cameras fifteen foot in the air they ain't too paranoid about being there because only means they've got to stick around longer. And carry a dang good ladder with them. Cable it to the tree and brush it in. If you take your time you can make it dang near invisible. Don't put it right at the gate. Or put you out some boards or plywood with nails or screws or lag bolts. Bury the board. Takes a while to change four tires. And if they leave with them flat they'll be easy to follow. Good can triumph evil. Just got to be persistent and outfox the fox. Good luck ram. I'd be glad to come help you catch them.

We had a problem with mailbox vandalism so my husband ran the post through a semi rim, buried it, ran sucker rod through the holes in the rim & finished up with 3 bags of cement. Never found out who ran over it after that but I guarantee his truck was in bad shape. BTW it hasn't happened since :)

TCRanch":39ownooi said:
denvermartinfarms":39ownooi said:
That's no good, hope you catch them. I had someone shoot a heifer here the other day, i will probably find out who did it eventually.

Whaaaaat??? That just makes me sick - I am so sorry. And angry.
Yep, and it was in a strange place, in some real thick cedars not 150 yards from my house, can't be seen from the road. What made it really weird is they tied a 223 shell casing to her tail. As far as I knew I didn't have any enemies, I get along with everyone.

denvermartinfarms":30nth2bu said:
TCRanch":30nth2bu said:
denvermartinfarms":30nth2bu said:

Whaaaaat??? That just makes me sick - I am so sorry. And angry.
Yep, and it was in a strange place, in some real thick cedars not 150 yards from my house, can't be seen from the road. What made it really weird is they tied a 223 shell casing to her tail. As far as I knew I didn't have any enemies, I get along with everyone.

I pick my battles with trespassing, poaching, vandalism, etc but do NOT mess with my cattle! I sincerely hope you find out who did that :mad:

lavacarancher":xkhohr0t said:
ram":xkhohr0t said:
Good can triumph evil. Just got to be persistent and outfox the fox. Good luck ram. I'd be glad to come help you catch them.

You can take the early shift JMJ. :D I'm not really trying to catch them, and I prefer not to really. But I drive by all the time checking for feet tracks and vandalism. Hopefully my son will figure out what kind of camera's I need. I'm wanting the kind that TX the pictures to your cell phone.

They have those now. It takes another contract with Verizon or ATT or ????.[/quote]

Something like that. There is a fee included. Good news is if you set it up right and get a good pic you've already got what you need even if they steal the camera. It ain't my lock or my deer ram, I just can't stand crap like that. Daddy always told me when I was young " Theys two kind of people, givers and takers". I don't much jee-haw with takers.

And Denver, I sure hope you get yours too. I ain't no criminal profiler, but that casing on the tail sounds like a personal statement. But may be just some idiot kid.

JMJ Farms":11rtqghv said:
And Denver, I sure hope you get yours too. I ain't no criminal profiler, but that casing on the tail sounds like a personal statement. But may be just some idiot kid.
At this point I think I'm leaning toward idiot kid. Like I said I've never had a cross word with anyone here and as far as I know I'm well liked by everyone around here. Everyone's first question is if there's anyone that I could see doing it and there's just not.

Latest posts