One down 5 to go.

Help Support CattleToday:

I know I am going to get heck for this, but you should check the bite on the dead calf. If it has an underbite, it was likely exposed to one or all three of the most used highly teratogenic (birth defect causing) pesticides (according to recent studies). Those three teratogenic pesticides are Glyphosate-based Herbicides, the insecticide, imidacloprid and the fungicide, Chlorothalonil. Exposure to all three is quite damaging to ungulate fetuses, and according to other recent studies to human fetuses.
Would you recommend I get out of the spraying season before conceiving with my wife again? Because I'm unironically spraying Glypho as we speak.

We lost another calf, still born.
?
See my other post. One of the things that the teratogenic pesticides do is cause death to the fetus or to the newborn immediately after it is born. All of the teratogenic pesticides have been found in the rain and in the surface water. The rain falls on all the foliage eaten by grazing animals. Check the dead calf for underbite. Now I know I am going to get yelled at, but the bite on all calves that die should be checked. If a calf has an underbite/short and narrow premaxillary bone and thus narrow dental pad, (or an overbite/short lower jaw forward of the premolars), you should assume that the calf was exposed in the womb to the teratogenic pesticides I listed in my previous post. The same teratogenic pesticides kill children similarly to other mammals, like calves, goats, horse foals, deer fawns, etc. Imidacloprid was found to cross directly through the placenta of a human mother to be and go into the fetus. If it can do that to a human, it most likely can do it to any mammal. Nearly all pregnant women tested for exposure to imidacloprid, tested positive.

I didn't see neither calf that we lost, I ask my son if it had an injury under bite, he said no.
We bought these heifers so we don't know what the previous owner sprayed around them.

I didn't see neither calf that we lost, I ask my son if it had an injury under bite, he said no.
We bought these heifers so we don't know what the previous owner sprayed around them.
Neospora a problem there?

If you're talking full gestation still born, I'd consider backwards or mal presentation. Or mama accidentally stepped on the calf before you found it. But Neospora is a definite possibility.

Born in this brutal summer heat too. Dang.
I had a July born one last year that would just lay out in that sun all day too. Liked to drove me insane. Calf did just fine tho
We've had several summer calves this year, I don't like it but I'll take a live calf.
We bought the angus heifers bred so we knew what we were dealing with, they are nice and we got them for $1,160 a head.

Latest posts