Okay I'm going to go political!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My good friend has a son who is a Marine, tech op guy, he texted her tonight and told her they have yet to get paid since the government shut down. They still get leave, just no money to do anything on the leave with. They have been eating a supplemental meals, he calls it a sack lunch..... kind of feel like slapping some rich politicians right now. She sent him $100 and I matched it...... just frustrated...... my government working for me!? Btw post office is still open.....

Alan":2qb4lize said:
My good friend has a son who is a Marine, tech op guy, he texted her tonight and told her they have yet to get paid since the government shut down. They still get leave, just no money to do anything on the leave with. They have been eating a supplemental meals, he calls it a sack lunch..... kind of feel like slapping some rich politicians right now. She sent him $100 and I matched it...... just frustrated...... my government working for me!? Btw post office is still open.....

Wow, the things that are getting crowded out of the news. I think the American people don't realize this is going on. I surely did not! Should we call our congresscritters? This is shameful.

There is something really screwed up since the military was not in the shutdown so from my rememberence of other shut downs they always got paid on time. The post office isn;t a goverenment agency so they are not affected by the shutdown at all so should always will get paid on time

Didn't get a pay check in three days, and it's the end of the world? Should try getting a pay check ever 2-3 months when you sell calves or grain, and no guarantees on amount.

M-5":3vnah4bk said:
Military is not non essential. I call BS , y'all just got played. Imo.

I agree. My recollection through shutdowns is that the Department of Defense is excluded. Furthermore, I never missed a check. Basically, the furloughs turn into paid holidays.

I think this young man played you too, Alan.

Alan I hate to say it but it sounds like you might have helped this fella with his down payment on his new bass boat. Don't feel bad. Been there and done that myself. Hope you have an easier time getting your money back than I did.

callmefence":2gaxympe said:
People get laid off every day...and that's it it's over.
These government workers will get thier money in time. If your gonna make a omelet you gotta break some eggs.

What happens if every egg is rotten.

Happened along the Texas border with the National Guard several years ago. They were given a prepaid credit card for their personal expenses only problem no one every activated the cards.

I have met this kid a couple of times, both times while he was on leave. He is a great kid and doing well, his mom has reason to very proud of him while being a mom worried about her boy being a marine. I believed him enough to send the kid some money. But after reading the request I decided to google it and here is the most creditable report, imo, I found. I believe him. Here's the link;

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/government ... y-be-paid/

I'll be darned. POs me that you can bet the poloticians will be paid on time

My friend spoke with her son last night, they still have not been paid. They were informed pay is coming soon along with all the back pay due. For me, it is disappointing our government is really to use the military personnel in a harmful manner to push some of their's agenda. While she is upset about the non pay issue also she is curious to see if he ha s learned anything about budgeting money, lol.

Alan":mu21uaw0 said:
My friend spoke with her son last night, they still have not been paid. They were informed pay is coming soon along with all the back pay due. For me, it is disappointing our government is really to use the military personnel in a harmful manner to push some of their's agenda. While she is upset about the non pay issue also she is curious to see if he ha s learned anything about budgeting money, lol.

Alan. Not all departments cut their own checks. This has me wondering if a civil service agency cuts DOD checks. For example, EPA did not cut checks, it was farmed out to another agency.

Bright Raven":1q9zcawt said:
Alan":1q9zcawt said:

Alan. Not all departments cut their own checks. This has me wondering if a civil service agency cuts DOD checks. For example, EPA did not cut checks, it was farmed out to another agency.

On of my problems is the military was grouped into the "non vital" group.... my other difficulties with this issue would no doubt be too political for CT.

Latest posts