Of All The Creatures...........

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint":1o7w0uau said:
MillIronQH":1o7w0uau said:
There is a secret why us cajuns aren't tormented by chiggers, ticks or skeeters. I'll pass this on to you. EAT MORE GARLIC. Drinking plenty of coldbeer don't hurt either.Z

Z, if the cold beer was all that was needed to keep em away, I'd have that covered. I preger longnecks, but since the stepson saves cans to help pay his registration fees for showing, when at home I switch to cans. I try to helphim out all I can. (Really help him out) ;-)

I really hate to have to correct you but that was not a typo in my post. COLDBEER is one word. :lol: :cboy: Z

k alton":2i9mzfsv said:
We smother with nail polish too. But that can be difficult with 20-30 burrowed where the sun don't shine!!!

Can you post pics next time that happens? :shock: :D

mdmdogs3":2ny6ouuf said:
try taking a bath in clorox water -
has to be strong enough to stink but not sting

that seems to work on just about anything

Just wondering, is this a "from the neck down" bath or a "everything gets it" bath?

Thanks
Cuz

PS Unlike Lammie, I'm asking "please DON'T post pics next time it happens"

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but some of the places I hot bit are kinda sensitive (if you know what I mean :shock: ), and I'm not real enthused about clorox in those regions. :oops:

warpaint":3rpj15a6 said:
I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but some of the places I hot bit are kinda sensitive (if you know what I mean :shock: ), and I'm not real enthused about clorox in those regions. :oops:

In reality, the short term burn from the clorox beats the long term affect of chiggers.

dun

warpaint":3os9b2pt said:

In reality, the short term burn from the clorox beats the long term affect of chiggers.

dun

dun":2bzhl7cv said:
warpaint":2bzhl7cv said:

dun

Surprisingly those are the ones that are bothering me the least. So I guess I'll just suffer thru. ;-)

dun":2shpptxd said:
mitchwi":2shpptxd said:
What is this Chigger thing, is it a bug or a plant?

Probably more then you really care to know:
http://www.greenvalleypc.com/html/licem ... iggers.htm

dun

Things like this thread makes me happy I live in the PNW, no Chiggers, or poisonous snakes. Although we do have a nasty spider out here, the Brown Reculse. (we do have Rattlers on the east side of the Cascades but not the west.)

Chiggers sound like nasty little bugs, I pass and take the mesquitoes, volcano and rain.... have never seen a Brown recluse that I know of.

Alan

Chiggers, or redbugs as we call 'em, have dealt me my share of misery, but not nearly as much as fire ants. That's the critter that needs to become extinct.

dun":3ppmh2pn said:
Gale Seddon":3ppmh2pn said:
dun":3ppmh2pn said:
mitchwi":3ppmh2pn said:

Probably more then you really care to know:
http://www.greenvalleypc.com/html/licem ... iggers.htm

dun

Just reading about them makes me itch. I always thought you had to avoid sitting on logs and tree stumps, at least that's what I was told growing up. Maybe the guineas eat these things along with the ticks.

Guineas make so much noise they probably drive them away

dun

:shock: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Crowderfarms":33l731hr said:
BTW, We have an immeadiate opening for an Arkansas resident with the cabinet.Would you be able to free up some time for Chigger research.Should not be too demanding a job... :shock:
Mr. President as a former Federal Employee I feel that I must pass on this wonderful opportunity. I've already been down the road of the "not too demanding a job" when I worked for Social Security - they really liked to use the last line in our job description " Other duties as assigned." I feel that with my duties here on the farm (cow/calf pairs, chickens (170,000), horses, etc.) I wouldn't have time to devote my full attention to the position.
I just thought of something - there is a former Arkansas resident who now resides in New York, he is unemployed and might be interested in something to keep him out of trouble.

mitchwi":26ht3n10 said:

Mitch,

I think they are like our version of sand mites. They bite relentlessly, and make you miserable.

Tanya

CHIGGER UPDATE!!!

After another weekend at home, no new bites. (Course they probably figured it'd be a little crowded from last week.)

And I know what ya'll are thinkin, that I didn't go outside. Nope. We moved cows again this weekend and had a new heifer born Friday. ;-)

You may have sensitive chiggers so they you alone because they were afraid you'd talk about 'em.

Either that or they were planning their next assault on you.

Cuz

Everything here in Texas eather bites,stings,has stickers or thorns ..And now we have fireants :mad: one tablespoon Clrox to 1 gallon of water is the receipe I was given...Meat tenderizer works on wasp and scorpion stings(make a paste with a little water and rub it in)

Latest posts