Nothing New......

Help Support CattleToday:

Hate to go back to the subject. One thing I have noticed is the computer games. A lot of my friends that have young adult boys are terds. They play computer games. Boys seem more drawn to these games and the college enrollement shows this. Female enrollement is up and male enrollment is down. I blame this on the computer games.

Walt

We will graduate about 100 kids this year at the school where I work. Of those, maybe five, maybe, will start a four year institution. Of those, maybe 1 will actually obtain a degree. Most of our kids go into the military, trade school, (if they are smart), and the rest will hang out and play computer games and start a band. Everyone knows that the way to make it in life is to start a band...

And there is nothing wrong with trade schools. I think they get entirely ignored by some schools because everyone wants impressive stats about the number of kids from their school that go on to four year universities, and that's not for everyone. If fact, it's probably a big waste of money unless you really know what you want to do, and what 18 year old does? Really. Some do, but others, well, save your money, work for a few years and get a direction. Then go to university if you need to.

This is coming from someone who has had one graduate from an Ivy League school, one graduate from a trade school and one, well, he wasted two years and lots of money at a four year school and waits tables. I still have William to go and I'm pushing the vet tech program at his HS. At least can have something he can do while he decides whether or not college is for him.

Where's that flask?

MO_cows":24qxushs said:
If Grandma's house is dry then maybe you need a flask and something at least 80 proof. And probably some gum. That just might get you thru the day pleasantly AND make you feel like a teenager all over again.

That, my friend, sounds like a plan... :cowboy:

Latest posts