NH 276 Baler knotter/cutter question

Help Support CattleToday:

Staner

Reaction score
My 276 baler is working fairly well, but at each knot it is leaving a small (inch or two) piece of string that is cut completely away from the rest of the string. I am using poly right now and the rest of the process seems to be working alright...could be a tad bit tighter on the string.
I have ordered a manual but they sent me a manual for a loader, so I am waiting for the baler manual.

Anybody have an idea what I might look at or what the small piece of string might indicate? The cutting blades seem plenty sharp, not sure what else to consider. Thanks for any and all help.

I've got a 276 and it leaves the little remnant inch or so pieces from time to time, using sisal in this one. The baler rarely ever misses a bale so I refuse to touch it. Started making curved bales, so I sharpened/shimmed the knives in it last year, first major work ever done to it. Excellent baler. As long as it's kicking out nice bales and not missing any knots, just keep it cleaned/greased and leave it alone.

cfpinz

I've seen the little scraps, too. Not anything to get worried about. Just like cfpinz said, keep it greased, in the dry, and you should be fine.

Latest posts