NFL Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

Well a few days ago I snapped out a quick hiesman pose in the living room ..... BTW, my hip is feeling much better this morning and this should be the last day on pain meds, should I contact the Viks? Farve and I can limp around together.Alan

Isn't there some kind of limit on the number of "graybeards" that can be on one team at one time?? Besides that you'd have to take your teeth out and put'em in a glass during the games...couldn't keep a mouth piece in. :lol2:

TexasBred":559a1r4g said:
Well a few days ago I snapped out a quick hiesman pose in the living room ..... BTW, my hip is feeling much better this morning and this should be the last day on pain meds, should I contact the Viks? Farve and I can limp around together.Alan

Isn't there some kind of limit on the number of "graybeards" that can be on one team at one time?? Besides that you'd have to take your teeth out and put'em in a glass during the games...couldn't keep a mouth piece in. :lol2:

pdfangus":36h8vsba said:
testing the memory banks here....
seems I recall that when moss first came into the league the vikings tried to get Chris Carter to Mentor him and try to moderate his over the top presence.
It worked until Chris Carter left the team.
So he was percieved to be a problem child from day one.
yet these stupid teams persist in paying huge sums of money to people who have loads of talent but absolutley no character.......
one lesson yet to be learned....
in the long run, character counts....

Heard a little story about Moss the other day:

In 1998 the Bears had the 5th pick in the draft and were considering Moss but were wary because of all the trouble he'd had in high school and college. They asked the great Walter Payton to meet with him and get a feel for what kind of person he was. So Payton called Moss and Moss agreed to meet Payton for breakfast and have a little talk. Moss never showed up. The Bears passed, and as a Bears fan, I'm glad they did.

john250":qs4ldlgh said:
TexasBred":qs4ldlgh said:

HEY TB! I want you to know that back in the day...... Well it was back in the day...... I was.... Well, back in the day.... I was..... Never mind...... 2 years varsity, dammm it! :D

HEY TB! I want you to know that back in the day...... Well it was back in the day...... I was.... Well, back in the day.... I was..... Never mind...... 2 years varsity, dammm it! :D

Dam Alan....sounds like me and you went to different schools together. :lol2:

who would have thought the cowboys.......
after having their coach fired...
that all the opress guys said the players loved.....
and having garret elevated ......
and all the press guys said it would make no difference.....
would get well by whooping up on the Giants......
glad i didn't wager the farm on that one.

Game of the year--to date. Colts @ Patriots. 4:15 Sunday. The Pats are pond scum to the Colts solid midwestern values. Belichick is like the most unlikeable person of the decade. Sadly, the Colts don't play well outdoors in New England in winter. We're a dome/retractable roof which is always closed team. It will be a battle. Or if it rains, Pats by 27.

Come on John you know the Pats are going to take this one. Brady doesn't lose at home and he is playing pretty sharp lately. I can't see the Colts doing much with the injuries they've got.

john250":23yblgmk said:
ga.prime":23yblgmk said:
I like Belichick.

You, ga? You have gone over to the dark side? Say it ain't so. :cry2:

Looks like the Angus Guy got to him finally....... :shock:

Pats to win that game, but the colts will be in this race.

MistyMorning":6c38txq7 said:
john250":6c38txq7 said:
ga.prime":6c38txq7 said:
I like Belichick.

:lol2: I like Belichick, but I like the Colts better! I've liked the Colts since the Unitas days. Hey, did you see where the Falcons have the best record in the NFC?

ga.prime":1599uvyd said:
Hey, did you see where the Falcons have the best record in the NFC?
They are probably the quietest best team I've seen in awhile. I was really shocked when they were showing highlights from last Thursday's game and their record showed up at 7-2. They sure seem to be flying under the radar.

novaman":eg2fner1 said:
ga.prime":eg2fner1 said:
Hey, did you see where the Falcons have the best record in the NFC?
They are probably the quietest best team I've seen in awhile. I was really shocked when they were showing highlights from last Thursday's game and their record showed up at 7-2. They sure seem to be flying under the radar.
I knew the Falcons were doing well but I didn't realize they were 7-2. Matt Ryan was a great draft pick. I hope they can keep it up.

MistyMorning":7j13krft said:
john250":7j13krft said:
ga.prime":7j13krft said:
I like Belichick.

You still following the game, Misty? I figured you had moved on to professional snow castle building or log rolling what with the Vikes tailspin season.

The Falcons are having a very good and exciting season but they're not dominant by any stretch. Many of their games are nail biters.

ga.prime":s1lmumwu said:
:lol2: I like Belichick, but I like the Colts better! I've liked the Colts since the Unitas days. Hey, did you see where the Falcons have the best record in the NFC?

That makes you a prime contestant in the sweepstakes. http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=artic ... bf072039eb

Bring a coat. It gets chilly at night on the street.
Second prize is, of course, a whole week in Indy.

ga.prime":168iiun8 said:
The Falcons are having a very good and exciting season but they're not dominant by any stretch. Many of their games are nail biters.

I've seen bits and pieces of Falcons games. Quite a bit of that Saints game. If they build around the young QB they'll be real good soon. First thing is an offensive line that keeps him standing up.

novaman":37w1jxak said:
Come on John you know the Pats are going to take this one. Brady doesn't lose at home and he is playing pretty sharp lately. I can't see the Colts doing much with the injuries they've got.

Sad but true. The secondary is especially depleted. Brady is gonna go right at them. Colts are playing a LOT of guys who were looking for work in September. Still, there is always hope.

Latest posts