NFL Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

Several reasons they're 3-0. Played three games, won them all. Didn't play last Sunday, couldn't lose. San Fran isn't as good as advertised. Shawn Smith, the Gential Giant, is playing like an animal. Haven't missed a kickoff, either at the stadium or at home on tv, for probably 20 years. Not right they were blacked out one game last year. gs

I'm glad you started this thread, john. I don't know about KC but the Falcons look like they're going to be worthy of discussion this year. They're 3-1 with an OT win against the Saints and an OT loss to the Steelers. Won last week against SF on a last second field goal. They're like the cardiac kids. Only snoozer so far was the 41-7 waxing they handed the Cardinals. Play the Browns Sunday at 1:00.

I too am glad you started this thread, although I don't want to yak about those falcons, I just want to yak about RANDY MOSS RETURNS TO THE VIKES!!!!! :D

The Chiefs and the Falcons are both on the upswing and could surprise a lot of people. Chiefs are at Indy and at Houston the next two weeks so we'll find out pretty quick what they're made of. Falcons have looked real good this year against stiff competition. It takes awhile every year to sort out whose better and whose worse than last year. Lots of football to be played yet. Remember last year the Titans started out 0-6 and almost made the playoffs while the Giants started 5-0 and ended up 8-8. You never know.

MistyMorning":3uou68l6 said:
I too am glad you started this thread, although I don't want to yak about those falcons, I just want to yak about RANDY MOSS RETURNS TO THE VIKES!!!!! :D

It will definitely help. If Farve starts playing close to what he did last year and they get Rice and Harvin healthy they should score a ton of points. Oh yeah, that guy at running back ain't bad, either. ;-)

VanC":3coszh9i said:
MistyMorning":3coszh9i said:

It will definitely help. If Farve starts playing close to what he did last year and they get Rice and Harvin healthy they should score a ton of points. Oh yeah, that guy at running back ain't bad, either. ;-)

Moss will at least keep the Vikes in the news. Whether that is good or bad remains to be seen. :lol2:

john250":jmjv5154 said:
VanC":jmjv5154 said:
MistyMorning":jmjv5154 said:

Moss will at least keep the Vikes in the news. Whether that is good or bad remains to be seen. :lol2:
I thought farve was already doing that

VanC":gcup3hvo said:
MistyMorning":gcup3hvo said:

Bingo! Most intelligent post I've read on these boards in a coons age. :D Now let's see how bad I will need to backpedal on that statement in a few weeks. :help:

We'll see. The Vikings sure need some help. I'm not sure Moss is the answer.
The other two prima donna receivers are playing up the road in Cincinnati and I haven't seen much to impress me.

It is hard to believe the Vikings would pay Favre a bazillion $ and fail to protect him. If the old man keeps getting hit like the Jets hit him he won't finish the season.

Favre took a pounding from the Jets. Now he's talking about sitting out some games. Tendinitis in elbow.

ga.prime":wz0fasex said:
Favre took a pounding from the Jets. Now he's talking about sitting out some games. Tendinitis in elbow.

Wish I could sit out a game with my overworked elbow, knee, shoulder etc... etc... etc... :roll:

I saw a video on the news tonight of him, not sure if it's tendinitis or the shot he took to the nether regions in practice that will keep him out of the game.
:shock:

I think he is sitting out due to a bruised ego. I saw the video that shows Favre taking football to his jewels, part of me wonders if it is really favre, the guy has some real chicken legs for all the years of sports behind him. I have lost all respect for him, what's the deal with these guys thinking someone wants to see their little guy? Oh I think I'll get my camera and find a mirror then email the pic to some girl............what's the Internet?

What a joke

MistyMorning":gjbewhz5 said:
ga.prime":gjbewhz5 said:

Wish I could sit out a game with my overworked elbow, knee, shoulder etc... etc... etc... :roll:

When 50,000 people pay an average $200 to watch you feed the horses we'll talk about your elbows and whether you can get up Sunday morning. Till then, geeez. Got any more complaints?
The Vikings are incredibly cheap. If they don't get an offensive line which can protect Brett they are throwing him to the wolves and he'll be done by December.

John Madden once said if you play one set of downs in the NFL your body will never be the same again. Or something like that. Favre has played over 300 games straight. He doesn't know when to quit.