NFL Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

Falcons have it pretty easy on out. Two games against Carolina. One against the Seahawks. The game to watch is the 15th game of the season against the Saints on Monday night. (Dec. 27th)

john250":3q55dss3 said:
It seems that God is tired of watching the Vikings. http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/12/winter ... tml?hpt=T1

That, or He's a huge Brett Favre fan and wants to give him a couple more days to recover and keep the streak alive.

Concerns about the stadium's Teflon-covered inflatable dome surfaced Friday night, prompting officials to postpone a football game between the New York Giants and the Minnesota Vikings.

I hadn't heard anything about the dome until it collapsed. It's my understanding that the game was originally postponed because they had to shut the Minneapolis airport down and the Giants were stuck in Kansas City. Now this. ESPN is speculating that they might end up playing in Detroit. It's a dome, too, and since the Lions are playing there today the Fox TV equipment will already be set up and ready to go.

Anybody see the Vince Lombardi documentary on HBO. I watched it last night and felt like an underachiever for the rest of the night. What an incredible man!

I have a buddy who was drafted by Lombardi and made it to the final cut with him. He tells me that those few weeks taught him more about football than he learned the rest of his life. He ended up playing Linebacker for the Bills and to this day credits Vince for most his success.

3waycross":3ohvc55e said:
Anybody see the Vince Lombardi documentary on HBO. I watched it last night and felt like an underachiever for the rest of the night. What an incredible man!

I have a buddy who was drafted by Lombardi and made it to the final cut with him. He tells me that those few weeks taught him more about football than he learned the rest of his life. He ended up playing Linebacker for the Bills and to this day credits Vince for most his success.

Dam, 3way, I already feel like an underachiever so I guess I'd better not watch it. :lol2: I don't get HBO but I'm sure it'll be available for sale soon if it's not already.

Even as a Bears fan I can appreciate what a great man Lombardi was. Died way too young. It'd be interesting to hear his take on how the game has evolved over the past 40 years.

VanC":8ugevxka said:
john250":8ugevxka said:
It seems that God is tired of watching the Vikings. http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/12/winter ... tml?hpt=T1

That, or He's a huge Brett Favre fan and wants to give him a couple more days to recover and keep the streak alive.

Concerns about the stadium's Teflon-covered inflatable dome surfaced Friday night, prompting officials to postpone a football game between the New York Giants and the Minnesota Vikings.

I hadn't heard anything about the dome until it collapsed. It's my understanding that the game was originally postponed because they had to shut the Minneapolis airport down and the Giants were stuck in Kansas City. Now this. ESPN is speculating that they might end up playing in Detroit. It's a dome, too, and since the Lions are playing there today the Fox TV equipment will already be set up and ready to go.

The best comment I've heard is Shepherd Smith on FOX, who mused that this (dome collapse) is a metaphor for Favres season.

ga.prime":764f1a02 said:
The Eagles are pretty good.
Wow. Two plays is what I heard were the ballgame last night! I listened to it on the radio. It was different for sure.
Are the Eagles that bad or the Cowboys that ?? :)

Kingfisher":16ify0dm said:
ga.prime":16ify0dm said:
Wow. Two plays is what I heard were the ballgame last night! I listened to it on the radio. It was different for sure.

I missed it all. Haven't even seen a paper today but the Eagles were looking good last time I saw them. I've always been a Cowboy fan but sort of enjoy it when they lose now just so I can see how red Jerry Jones' face is going to get. A shame you can't fire the owner.

TexasBred":27uqfctr said:
Kingfisher":27uqfctr said:
ga.prime":27uqfctr said:

I missed it all. Haven't even seen a paper today but the Eagles were looking good last time I saw them. I've always been a Cowboy fan but sort of enjoy it when they lose now just so I can see how red Jerry Jones' face is going to get. A shame you can't fire the owner.
The Falcons have lost 2 games. One was to the Eagles. Not a close game. The other was in overtime to the Steelers. That's about all I know about the Eagles. And Michael Vick is very good.

Did you see Jerry Jones on 60 Minutes last night?

JJ's a sad case for sure. Didn't come across as anyone to sympathize with on the 60 Minutes segment either which is I think what he was looking for.

So....
It turns out the dome implosion really was a metaphor for Favre's season. Them frozen tundras are way over rated.
It really tells you something about Minnesota when thousands of people will volunteer to shovel snow... Someone needs to run a DNA study on this. Misty...you shovel snow for .hits and giggles, right?
I like my Colts to win two more. Or at least make it interesting. Still very long odds on the playoffs. Must win 2.
I like Atlanta to win at least one playoff game.
Bears the same. One win in the playoffs.
Beyond that I reserve judgement, but the Patriots have to be the huge favorites.

john250":a0xoz8b3 said:
So....
It turns out the dome implosion really was a metaphor for Favre's season. Them frozen tundras are way over rated.
It really tells you something about Minnesota when thousands of people will volunteer to shovel snow... Someone needs to run a DNA study on this. Misty...you shovel snow for .hits and giggles, right?

YA SHURE YOU BETCHA!!!!!!!!!!

I like my Colts to win two more. Or at least make it interesting. Still very long odds on the playoffs. Must win 2.
I like Atlanta to win at least one playoff game.
Bears the same. One win in the playoffs.
Beyond that I reserve judgement, but the Patriots have to be the huge favorites.

Hmmmmm, you may be on to something here. ;-)

I'm done with football, have a peek at my new sport :D
http://www.wimp.com/eversnowboarded/

The Colts should win their last two although the Raiders and Titans are both teams that have flashes of being very tough. If Atlanta wins one playoff game that would put them in the NFC Championship game and it would likely be played in Atlanta. I say if they win one they will likely win the second game and get to the SB. If the Bears win one playoff game that would put them in the NFC Championship game against the Falcons in Atlanta. Of course I'm assuming that both ATL and CHI hang on to the first round byes that the currently hold. I find the Eagles to be an intriguing team in the NFC. They have the ability to shake things up but at times they appear very mediocre as well. I've sure got my eye on the NFC West race. The Rams and Seahawks are both 6-8 and the 49ers are quietly 1 game back at 5-9. This makes for a big game this weekend between the 49ers and the Rams. If the 49ers win and the Seahawks lose to the Bucs (who are on a big push for a wildcard spot) the West could have a 3-way tie going into the final weekend. I realize none of these teams appear to be a big threat come playoff time but it is always fun watching these divisional battles as the regular season winds down.

On the AFC side, I don't see any real threat to the Patriots at this point. Obviously anything can happen but the Pats have beat pretty much every team that will be in the playoffs in that conference. Nothing goes the way we think in the NFL but I think the best bet for the SB matchup has to be NE and ATL at this point in time.

one onwer worst than Jerry Jones......
Daniel Snyder.....redskins.
team has done nothing since he bought the franchise.

Jones has at least allowed his coaches to put together a couple of winning teams.

novaman":2th6e0vh said:
The Colts should win their last two although the Raiders and Titans are both teams that have flashes of being very tough.

For Colts fans, every game now is win or go home. They SHOULD win both games, but you never know. Oakland still has a chance in that NFC West so they have motivation.

I find the Eagles to be an intriguing team in the NFC. They have the ability to shake things up but at times they appear very mediocre as well.
The Eagles are playing really well, but every game they win makes Michael Vick more visible. I hate that, because I like my dogs. They have a real chance to go to the SB.

On the AFC side, I don't see any real threat to the Patriots at this point. Obviously anything can happen but the Pats have beat pretty much every team that will be in the playoffs in that conference. Nothing goes the way we think in the NFL but I think the best bet for the SB matchup has to be NE and ATL at this point in time.

The Pats are playing out of their minds right now. They are punishing their strongest opponents. I say there is always hope that good can prevail. [/quote]

Hey Misty, what did you think of Joe Webb? I was really excited to see what he could do. I realize the Bears are a very good defense but other than his running I was not at all impressed with what he was showing. I realize he needs a lot of development but he sure looks raw. With Favre likely (hopefully) retiring and Jackson a free agent (I hope they just let him go so we don't have that headache either) it sure seems we need to acquire at least one if not 2 QB's in the offseason. I just don't think Webb can be the starter next year unless we are willing to admit we are in rebuild mode. I guess we'll see what happens in the offseason but there are a lot of key players that are free agents. I don't think they can keep them all and if we lose a couple of those guys we likely will be in rebuild mode. I just have a lot of concerns because it seems this team went from being ultra competitive last year to barely competing this year and there were very few changes in the lineup.

Latest posts