Newest calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice looking calf. Love them roans. I would have guessed it was pure shorthorn. Momma sounds like a dandy.

Oh yeah would get docked hard. Will eventually breed everything Simmental. We are just getting back into cow calf after the cows have been gone for a long time.
Thanks for sharing that picture.
When I was a kid my grandpas neighbor raised nothing but short horn cattle, I always liked looking at them.

There's a fella here local that raises a LOT of shorthorns.
He sold several big heavy bred heifers a couple weeks ago. They brought good money at the small local sale. I sure wish I knew how them heifers do as far as calving. They are all bred to a shorthorn bull.
View attachment 26455

To be honest there are a lot of hard calving Shorthorn bulls out there. The cow in my picture was bred to a relatively easing calving Shorthorn.

She did it again. This calf is 1/2 Red Angus 1/8 shorthorn 3/8 Simmental, as you can see it is hard to breed the Shorthorn out of them. We moved the cow back to April calving because there is just to much mud in Feb and Mar. This is her third calf and she just turned 4 on Mar 1. The cow is not pictured she is in my post above from last year.

Image(3).jpeg

She did it again. This calf is 1/2 Red Angus 1/8 shorthorn 3/8 Simmental, as you can see it is hard to breed the Shorthorn out of them. We moved the cow back to April calving because there is just to much mud in Feb and Mar. This is her third calf and she just turned 4 on Mar 1. The cow is not pictured she is in my post above from last year.

View attachment 43671
Another beautiful baby , love the roans or frosty's as people call them . We had a solid white registered shorthorn cow . Bred her to a solid red bull 3 years in a row . First year , solid red ; second year , solid white ; third year , roan. One of the reasons I loved our shorthorns !

Latest posts