Newbie to the cattle business

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":osgcio4p said:
Sky, tell him the only way he's gonna make it pay is if he has a large gooseneck cattle trailer. Oh, and he needs to start off right and buy himself some Imbalancers. I might know where he can get some too. There a bit pricey though but will earn him up to $6000 per calf when he sells them.
Calves like that would deserve to ride in an aluminum trailer too.

I'd love to know where this guy is getting all the cash for all this equipment,cows and farm! Clearly I'm in the wrong line of work.

Katherine

Jogeephus":380ai2v9 said:
Don't forget to tell him to find himself some Imbalancers if he is going to start out right. If you can't find any I just happen to know where he can pick some at a very reasonable price. A man like him needs the best. Afterall, if you are going to crash and burn you want the flames to be brilliant don't you?!

I definately agree lol I will send him your way ;-)

bigbull338":380ai2v9 said:
boy is he in for a quick shock.but who knows he may make it.

I honestly dont think he knows how much work is involved he just knows you can make a lil $

TexasBred":380ai2v9 said:
Jogeephus":380ai2v9 said:
Sky, tell him the only way he's gonna make it pay is if he has a large gooseneck cattle trailer. Oh, and he needs to start off right and buy himself some Imbalancers. I might know where he can get some too. There a bit pricey though but will earn him up to $6000 per calf when he sells them.
Calves like that would deserve to ride in an aluminum trailer too.

:nod:

TennesseeTuxedo":3dtulwtb said:
dun":3dtulwtb said:
Who or what is a rick clunn?

He's a top notch professional bass fisherman if I'm not mistaken.

And this was my 4,000th post for the record. I'm gaining on you dun.
Professional fisherman strikes me the same as military intelligence, an oxymoron

M5farm":3e1pe8i8 said:
sky- PM me his info- I know a farm manager that would love to come up there and help him get started.

lol I was thinking of charging him a consult fee for questions. I am trying to get more cattle folks from my area to join this site maybe he will

Workinonit Farm":3e1pe8i8 said:
I'd love to know where this guy is getting all the cash for all this equipment,cows and farm! Clearly I'm in the wrong line of work.

Katherine

He was a big regional manager for a pharmacuetical however you spell it company he has retired and moved to the country. I am definately in the wrong line of work.

backhoeboogie":2i4tzn53 said:
And then there are people like Rick Clunn. He got a case of the Red Azz and walked off the job one day. Said he was just gonna go fish. We all told him what an idiot he was. His brother Monte talked to him over and over and over. Monte will now tell you he should have gone with him. Rick walked off the job nearly 30 years back. Look at him now!

Nothing is absolute.

I am obviously much more conservative.
Met him several times many years ago. Man has made a many a million just fishing and selling his endorsements.

dun":1g9b00fo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1g9b00fo said:
dun":1g9b00fo said:
Who or what is a rick clunn?

He's a top notch professional bass fisherman if I'm not mistaken.

And this was my 4,000th post for the record. I'm gaining on you dun.
Professional fisherman strikes me the same as military intelligence, an oxymoron

I wish I had his money.

TexasBred":23fqv7ij said:
backhoeboogie":23fqv7ij said:
And then there are people like Rick Clunn. He got a case of the Red Azz and walked off the job one day. Said he was just gonna go fish. We all told him what an idiot he was. His brother Monte talked to him over and over and over. Monte will now tell you he should have gone with him. Rick walked off the job nearly 30 years back. Look at him now!

Nothing is absolute.

I am obviously much more conservative.
Met him several times many years ago. Man has made a many a million just fishing and selling his endorsements.

I was closer to his brother. Monte. Funny how some things work out.

TennesseeTuxedo":3nuy2hol said:
cow pollinater":3nuy2hol said:
Did you get credit for the five or six posts made as Duex?

LOL! Heck no but I'm not complaining 'cause I'm just glad to be back.

But now you have two personalities. Your Deaux along with your norm. Like Sybil. Like TurnThatCowLoseMaw Liz47. You can get into a debate with yourself. :D

sky":335fu27v said:
I honestly dont think he knows how much work is involved he just knows you can make a lil $

You keep forgetting the BIG aluminum trailer. Bigger the trailer the more he will make and with aluminum you can haul more weight which means more money. The math is really quite simple.

In all seriousness, it sounds like the guy has earned his money already and now wants to play and do what he wants to which is not working on equipment and stuff. More power to him and I wish him lots of fun. Nothing wrong with that and it sure as he77 a lot more respectable than chasing a little white ball across the turf.

Jogeephus":3otvmhj3 said:
In all seriousness, it sounds like the guy has earned his money already and now wants to play and do what he wants to which is not working on equipment and stuff. More power to him and I wish him lots of fun. Nothing wrong with that and it sure as he77 a lot more respectable than chasing a little white ball across the turf.
My dad did the "screw it, I'm rich and can afford new equipment" after farming after his day job his whole life. The new stuff spends just as much time broke down as his old stuff did. The difference is that we(meaning I) can't fix it because it's all designed to be fixed by a tech in the shop instead of me in the field like the older stuff was.
I think the straw that broke the camels back that caused him to plop lease paperwork on my desk, grab a beer out of my fridge(he doesn't drink) and stomp out of the house was having to replace the PTO shaft on a brand new tractor three days after he bought it in frustration at the PTO going out on the old tractor...

There is a common saying in the aviation industry. If you want to make a million, start with two million. I think the same logic applies. The difference being in how you manage your investment.

That guy sounds like my boy he's wanting to farm. I guess I should say he wants to own a farm and pay people to farm it for him. He's been reading somewhere that the farmers are making a killing. I told him that their in a upward swing and it's going to swing back the other way shortly. But he's coming up to look at some land next week. People are crazy and you will never figure them out. Must be a lot of money in reading x-rays and mri's is all I can figure.

Latest posts