New Years Eve plans ???????

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
It is that time of the year when we say goodbye to one and hello to another.

SO what are all of your plans ? Do you do anything special for it ?

It may just be myself and the dogs ,Kit Kat and the cows this year . It won't be the first time and I am used to it by now. When we were younger our group of friends used to take turns to throw a big party but now we usually all are pretty quiet, plus we are all so spread out that driving 2-3 hours to get together in usually bad weather is not a good idea.

If Mr HD makes it home tomorrow, we will be having a steak and lobster dinner and a nice bottle of wine at home. If we are still up by midnight, I bought a nice bottle of Champainge to celebrate with (more than likey one us willl be up as the puppy will need to go out again :lol2: ).

hillsdown":36fetwzw said:
It may just be myself and the dogs ,Kit Kat and the cows this year.

Well you're more than welcome to come down and hang out with us!

Steak and lobster? Steak sounds good but I've never had lobster in my life.

We're all going down to the local bar, about an hour from here. curtis can tell you about it, he's been there! Wife and all her friends always want to stay til closing, 2am, but I'd just as soon be in bed by midnight or on my way. I'm getting too old for that crap. Plus all of their drunk asses get to sleep on the way home while yours truly gets to drive.

There's a farm equipment auction I'd like to go to 3 hrs north of here, but I'd have to leave at 4am. Let's see, get home at 3am and leave at 4. Wonder if Red Bull really does give you wings?

what the heck? tonite is not new years eve?! damn, i'll have to buy another bottle of wine.

HD how about I send my wife up there and you two can have the lobster. She suggested tonight that we drive to Denver (3 1/2 hrs one way) for a lobster dinner, on New Years eve.

I figure with gas, hotel, lobster and incidentals, about $1,000. I can send her up there for less than that...........whether or not you return her is up to you. She's a good worker and a great cook but seems to have weird ideas these days :help: :lol2: :lol2:

3waycross":niqutgqq said:
HD how about I send my wife up there and you two can have the lobster. She suggested tonight that we drive to Denver (3 1/2 hrs one way) for a lobster dinner, on New Years eve.

I figure with gas, hotel, lobster and incidentals, about $1,000. I can send her up there for less than that...........whether or not you return her is up to you. She's a good worker and a great cook but seems to have weird ideas these days :help: :lol2: :lol2:

Send her on up, she can take over puppy watch once and a while so I can get a few winks. :lol2: But really I would love to have her here, and she could help me out with my pasta techniques. BTW they need alot of help.. :nod:

Go make the trek to Denver and have a fabulous time with your wife , just the two of you. Sounds like a great way to bring in the New Year, with the one you love.. :D

Cfpinz sounds like you are getting to be an old fuddy duddy ... :lol2: :p

Probably in bed by about 10.

I've been an old fuddy-duddy for about 40 years, now.

Remember, when it comes to drunk drivers, tonight is AMATEUR night ! :tiphat:

About 7:00pm I'm gonna drink a glass of sparkeling apple juice and go to bed..WooHoo!

Today is my BIL's birthday, so we always spend New Year's Eve with them. We helped them move last weekend, so we'll be at their new house tonight with a few other couples - at least one of which will not have a sitter, so will bring all three of their kids with them. I doubt I'll be staying until midnight.

It will be just like any other day for me.
I sure aint gonna be out and about with all the drunk drivers around.
Although I used to be right out there with them.

Cal

farmwriter":19hghxlh said:
Today is my BIL's birthday, so we always spend New Year's Eve with them. We helped them move last weekend, so we'll be at their new house tonight with a few other couples - at least one of which will not have a sitter, so will bring all three of their kids with them. I doubt I'll be staying until midnight.
Same here. Scheduled to go to a birthday party for a friend. It is suposed to be over about 10 or so. Then I will come home ,maybe do some reading, something like that.
Unless I go somewhere else.
:lol2:

we are going to a new years eve/birthday party.i know there will be lots of food there.an yes ill eat way to much as usual.will sitt around an play dominos/42 till way after midnite.then come home turn on the western channel an go to bed.

Hang out with the Grandkids.....Do a few safe
fireworks just after dark....IceCream and Cookies
next...Off to bed by 10:00....
Robert

New Years eve comes once a year so we do it right. Heinekins in the fridge, hamburgers on the grill, thin cut french fries cooked in peanut oil. Maybe watch some football.

In bed by 9 and hope that that happens every night in the new year. :lol: The wife and I did the late night seen for years now time to pass it on to the younger crowd. ;-)

Larry

alacattleman":9hfhk0na said:
check cattle, feed horses, drink a few suds, and work on the chevelle,, ~ ahhhh the redneck lifestyle, :cowboy:

Chevelle? Please elaborate.

Lets seeeeeeeeeeeee, At work for now. Hoping to close by noon. Go home hang out. 5pm feed the funny farm. Got pizza for dinner. Uncle Mike will come over. If we don't fall asleep, we might see the New Year come in. Otherwise, Hubby and I are in bed by 10 and wake up to the New Day. And the way things look, not much is going to change. We have our health, family and freinds. Can't ask for more. :tiphat: Many good wishes to you all!! Stay health and safe. :wave:
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts