New Yard and Garden Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
It's an old Steiger:

Steiger.jpg

Need a bellymower and a 1 row cultivator.

I'll bet you're the envy of all the guys in your subdivision. :lol: Did you back over someone's pole barn? :eek:

cfpinz

cfpinz":3gvegdgh said:
I'll bet you're the envy of all the guys in your subdivision. :lol: Did you back over someone's pole barn? :eek:

cfpinz

Yea, the envy until I pay for filling the fuel tank. It holds 240 gallons. :shock: But it will run ALL day on a tank. :lol:

That was a concrete block house that I accidentally bumped into. :D

Sure wish this thing had a PTO and a 3-point hitch!

It would pull one heck of a "Garden Tiller". :lol:

rustydude":3s7yvext said:
Hate to see your weedeater!

Funny you mention weedeater. My neighbor uses an old apache helicopter turned upside down. :shock:

flaboy?":qwcslhhz said:
So Mike, you finally admit size matters? :lol:

I went to a horseback birddog field trial a few years ago in Idaho, to judge it. This couple show up and put up an electric fence with a battery charger. It is huge for 4 horses (200' X 200'). I told my judging partner, go ask him if size doesn't matter (regarding her husband who spent the past 2 hours puttin this fence up according to her specs). In the meantime we all were enjoying Elk steak and cocktails.

That is one big sledge hammer of a tool.
I think the articulated steering kind of kills the belly mower idea.
240 gal of $3.30 diesel doubles the value of this jewel. Right?
There were a lot of those in parts of Indiana in the '70's. I think Steiger's assets have merged half a dozen times since then. Can you get parts?
If you can get traction, you can move the planet.

I'm thinking it might be more of an investment than he realized. I mean now he will have to go get bigger gates to drive through.

john250":2ie11yus said:
I think Steiger's assets have merged half a dozen times since then. Can you get parts?

Stieger made the Ford FWD tractors in the late 70 up until 1982. Then Case IH bought out Steiger in the late 80s and New Holland bought out Ford. Then in the 90s, Case and New Holland merged and continue to use the Steiger based tractor for both the Case and New Holland FWD tractors. Therefore, parts shouldn't be a problem.

I think the big four wheel drives are supposed to be the easiest to work on any way since the tractor companies back then just built the frames and then put a cat, cummins, or detroit engine in them with transmissions and differentials from other suppliers.

fordfw20.jpg

Bullbuyer":nr8l6fa3 said:
Mike -
Just guessing about this - are you trying to compensate for something?

Never hurts to "overcompensate"! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts