New vaccines im using this year

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I am trying the inforce 3 under recommendation from Kenny Thomas and the Vira shield 6 + L5 which is what my new vet uses and recommended. Does anyone else use these?

IMG_20150401_203316_063_zps9778c282.jpg

kenny thomas":24y8wuiv said:
I use both. The inforce 3 on the calves I buy and the Vira-shield because it is a one shot vaccine.

Oh I didn't know you used vira shield too maybe you did tell me.

kenny thomas":1cx4asyt said:
I use both. The inforce 3 on the calves I buy and the Vira-shield because it is a one shot vaccine.
Are you saying Vira-shield does not require a booster?

tom4018":34lr3bcw said:
kenny thomas":34lr3bcw said:
Sorry, don't know what I was thinking, I use Vista 5 not vira-shield. The Vista does not require a booster.

I use Inforce 3 intranasal on all my newborn calves. Sometimes I will give an additional boost to the cows before show season also. Cows, bulls and weaned calves get Master Guard 10 HB and Calvary 9.

kenny thomas":3l42wmns said:
tom4018":3l42wmns said:
kenny thomas":3l42wmns said:
Sorry, don't know what I was thinking, I use Vista 5 not vira-shield. The Vista does not require a booster.
I have always boostered it per these directions:
DIRECTIONS: Shake well before using. Administer 5 mL subcutaneously 2-4 weeks prior to breeding. In accordance with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines, this product should be administered subcutaneously (under the skin) in the neck. Revaccinate with Vira Shield® 6 in 4-5 weeks. Revaccinate annually or as recommended by your veterinarian.

Are you saying Vira-shield does not require a booster?[/quote]
Sorry, don't know what I was thinking, I use Vista 5 not vira-shield. The Vista does not require a booster.[/quote]
I have always boostered it per these directions:
DIRECTIONS: Shake well before using. Administer 5 mL subcutaneously 2-4 weeks prior to breeding. In accordance with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines, this product should be administered subcutaneously (under the skin) in the neck. Revaccinate with Vira Shield® 6 in 4-5 weeks. Revaccinate annually or as recommended by your veterinarian.[/quote]
Tom you are correct. I had a brain crash and told you the wrong name of what I use. I use Vista 5.

kenny thomas":11ofi165 said:
Tom you are correct. I had a brain crash and told you the wrong name of what I use. I use Vista 5.

No problem, just had me thinking I was overdoing it. Are you using Vista 5 on calves only or cows also?

skyhightree1":pdpggrz5 said:
wacocowboy":pdpggrz5 said:
I figure Sky would have a rabies vac in there.

cows already had shots anything new I buy probably have the vet give the shot if he's busy I will.

Ours get rabies vacc every year, per vet....

Latest posts