Covexin8 & other vaccines

Help Support CattleToday:

tcolvin

Reaction score
Somebody said on here not to give Covexin 8 with any other vaccine because of the covexin8 killing the affect of the other vaccines thus rendering them useless. Then someone chimed in and said to give the covexin8 on one side and the other vaccine on the opposite side. When my vet told me what he uses on his cows (five years ago) he never said any of this to me about using different sides or for different rent days when using covexin8. I have just used it on same side at same time of baccnes. What the proper use of these vaccines??? Has this become the new norm??

Last edited:
Stacking vaccines all in one place is never a good idea. You can cause some swelling and pretty sore necks.
I was given some fall calves (300lbs) their first round of vaccines recently. Including the multi-min 90 they got five shots. Three on one side and two on the other. No ill effects.

I think what the other member was telling you is that you need to be careful about how many gram negative vaccines you give at once. Stacking gram negatives can really rattle a calf. Some times it can't be helped, like if there is no way to get them caught again in the near future.

Just be careful, use good vaccination techniques, don't stack vaccines, and fallow labels on vaccine locations. ie sub-q or IM.

Stacking vaccines all in one place is never a good idea. You can cause some swelling and pretty sore necks.
I was given some fall calves (300lbs) their first round of vaccines recently. Including the multi-min 90 they got five shots. Three on one side and two on the other. No ill effects.

I think what the other member was telling you is that you need to be careful about how many gram negative vaccines you give at once. Stacking gram negatives can really rattle a calf. Some times it can't be helped, like if there is no way to get them caught again in the near future.

Just be careful, use good vaccination techniques, don't stack vaccines, and fallow labels on vaccine locations. ie sub-q or IM.
Got it. I don't like to give more than 2 vaccines to the side (neck area) at a time.

Latest posts