New stock trailer floor

Help Support CattleToday:

B&M Farms

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new stock trailer and have two choices in flooring. Treated lumber or cleated rubber floor. I have no experience with the rubber floor and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of floor.

DM, have you seen the new rubber 2x8's with 1" high cleats so the cows have sure footing? They look pretty much bullet proof to me.

highgrit":1jgyylio said:
DM, have you seen the new rubber 2x8's with 1" high cleats so the cows have sure footing? They look pretty much bullet proof to me.
Yes, that's what I was talking about. If you haul alot they where down and get slick. I don't have it but I have 2 friends that have it and haul everyday, they both say they won't buy it again. Now if you only haul 25 or 30 loads a year it might last a long time and work great. I thought i would like a trailer with it But I've seen it's not for me.

I only haul maybe 20 or 30 times a year and most of that is for neighbors. I was looking at a Gooseneck brand 24' with treated lumber floor and then found a Neckover brand with the cleated rubber floor for $345 less. Both trailers are brand new and all else being equal. The cleats run both directions and seem like they would provide good footing, I just didn't have any experience with the rubber boards.
I searched it on this site and came up with some old post but I think they were slick rubber boards.

B&M Farms":34ont9i1 said:
I only haul maybe 20 or 30 times a year and most of that is for neighbors. I was looking at a Gooseneck brand 24' with treated lumber floor and then found a Neckover brand with the cleated rubber floor for $345 less. Both trailers are brand new and all else being equal. The cleats run both directions and seem like they would provide good footing, I just didn't have any experience with the rubber boards.
I searched it on this site and came up with some old post but I think they were slick rubber boards.
I would have no problem going with a neckover rather than a gooseneck. No more than you use one the rubber boards probably won't wear out for a long time. Do they both have torsion axles?

denvermartinfarms":1ryswvgx said:
B&M Farms":1ryswvgx said:
I would have no problem going with a neckover rather than a gooseneck. No more than you use one the rubber boards probably won't wear out for a long time. Do they both have torsion axles?

Yes. They both have 7K torsion axles. I was surprised the Neckover was a little cheaper with the rubber boards.

Latest posts