Cattle trailer floor

Help Support CattleToday:

Son does not take care of the floor and never cleans it when it should be. I used to take it up and at least clean it out at the pasture but..... not going to happen with him. Tired of fighting about it so time to do something different. We don't take it out on roads with the salt brine or after a storm with salt and all on the roads, so not alot of rusting out... but if the sh!t doesn't get cleaned out it is not going to last. Brought home a couple of bulls last week and one board broke where I imagine he came down on it...so time to replace it again.

Son does not take care of the floor and never cleans it when it should be. I used to take it up and at least clean it out at the pasture but..... not going to happen with him. Tired of fighting about it so time to do something different. We don't take it out on roads with the salt brine or after a storm with salt and all on the roads, so not alot of rusting out... but if the sh!t doesn't get cleaned out it is not going to last. Brought home a couple of bulls last week and one board broke where I imagine he came down on it...so time to replace it again.
stop feeding your son until he does what you want

Thank you everyone. The Rumber flooring in the "today's project" is what I was looking for. Since @kenny thomas said it is used in some of the new trailers he delivers I am even more interested in it. 2 years average life of wood floors is just not enough with the cost of lumber now.
This was an option when I ordered my trailer from the Gooseneck company.......absolutely one of my better choices

Son is an adult with his own house.... 49 tomorrow... So my feeding will not affect him!!!! But to his credit, that is one of the few things he is not pretty fanatical about doing. And I was wrong... I mentioned this Rumber flooring to him and in the conversation he said it wasn't so bad about the floor... It has been 8 or 9 years he said since he replaced it. I said no way... and he said yes, he replaced the floor in the other cattle trailer he sold last year... this one was done back when our friend was still battling the cancer and he has been gone for 6 or 7 years... we were helping him on the farm then, and then we took care of everything here for a year when he got bad... So I stand corrected.... he did say that some of the steel is going to need some replacing.... we are looking at a gooseneck that a neighbor farmer bought and they really like it. Will cost out the wazoo now.... but....... good to know that we could get this flooring put in it if we were to order one down the road.

Son is an adult with his own house.... 49 tomorrow... So my feeding will not affect him!!!! But to his credit, that is one of the few things he is not pretty fanatical about doing. And I was wrong... I mentioned this Rumber flooring to him and in the conversation he said it wasn't so bad about the floor... It has been 8 or 9 years he said since he replaced it. I said no way... and he said yes, he replaced the floor in the other cattle trailer he sold last year... this one was done back when our friend was still battling the cancer and he has been gone for 6 or 7 years... we were helping him on the farm then, and then we took care of everything here for a year when he got bad... So I stand corrected.... he did say that some of the steel is going to need some replacing.... we are looking at a gooseneck that a neighbor farmer bought and they really like it. Will cost out the wazoo now.... but....... good to know that we could get this flooring put in it if we were to order one down the road.
I'm also pretty diligent about using a pressure washer along the edges where the Rumber flooring rests on the metal brackets.........3/4 inch groove can hold a lot of residue

So your saying diesel doesn't have sulphur in it? If it would slow rust I'm all for it. Just don't want to make it worse.

Thanks,

So your saying diesel doesn't have sulphur in it? If it would slow rust I'm all for it. Just don't want to make it worse.

Thanks,
All diesel was required to be low sulfur after 2014. Kerosene sulfur spec is actually higher.
Not that it would matter anyway it's not enough to worry about.

Latest posts