new or used?

Help Support CattleToday:

i am running a 2006 jx 95 with l730 loader and i love it. It has a cab and front wheel assist, three point hitch, and is ran by a 95 hp four cylinder diesel. I think you would like a case ih as they and new holland are sister companies and have identical tractors. plus there is enough room for me and my 2 and 4 year olds.

I live in GODS COUNTRY, EAST texas. what i have found to this point is nobody is trading in good used tractors. they are holding on to them longer and not buying new ones. i have looked @ the case , 105u, cab,loader,4wd, shuttle, reverser, 2009 model, 1100hrs, 47,000. they didnt want to give any thing for my nh 8340, 96 model. i am still waiting for the good deal on a used one.

really would appreciate any and all recommendations that you guys have for tractors 2-5 yrs old , 80-90 hp range , that i should look at to buy that has been a great tractor for you. thanks for your help.

Kubota changed up their cabs not long ago. I run a 8540 and a M6800. The 8540 has a much better cab. The controls are in much better location. I would look for a 8540 or 9540. The 8540 runs a 4x5 baler with ease. I run a 12ft disc mower on it also.

High Cotton":3ozlrggf said:
Kubota changed up their cabs not long ago. I run a 8540 and a M6800. The 8540 has a much better cab. The controls are in much better location. I would look for a 8540 or 9540. The 8540 runs a 4x5 baler with ease. I run a 12ft disc mower on it also.
that is what i would want either a 8540 or 9540 most of the 2 to 5 year old tractors are close to the same models as the new ones atleast in the kubotas and the 5093 and 5101 jds and they are the other ones i would look at.

been looking at the JD series 6000 tractors. seems like plenty of room in the cabs. have looked at the 6310, and 6410 , 6320. what kind of tractors are these? all have 4wd, loader, and other extras. does anybody have any thoughts on these to possibly a NH tractor of equal hp? bound and determined to find a good used tractor.

cowpair2":3rt5mxq3 said:
? bound and determined to find a good used tractor.

Well, good luck with that around here cowpair2. As was said, everyone is holding on to them or just selling their totally worn out or beat up stuff--and there's lots of stuff here in E Texas that's probably in pretty good mechanical condition as far as the internals go, but man, the sheet metal, exhausts, windows, links and everything else on what I've been looking at is just "tore up from the ground up".
(when I was working for a local Kubota dealership, almost everything we got in on trade went straight to the wholesalers--and most of that was just junk)

I am looking at buying another cab tractor also. I have been looking on tractor house. There seems to be a lot of used Kubotas with very low engine hours. Makes me wonder why, dissatisfaction with the tractor maybe.

cowpair2":17xhrrln said:
been looking at the JD series 6000 tractors. seems like plenty of room in the cabs. have looked at the 6310, and 6410 , 6320. what kind of tractors are these? all have 4wd, loader, and other extras. does anybody have any thoughts on these to possibly a NH tractor of equal hp? bound and determined to find a good used tractor.

6000 and 6010 series tractors are very good, nice cabs strong robust machines. These will work hard and earn their keep and be much better than the smaller machines form JD or Kabota.

Here we have just started with a couple of new NH5070's and they have a nice cab, once you are in. They seam so far to be nice soild tractors without too much electrical to go wrong.

I have a M108sds 3years old and a M9540 5 months old. The 108 should have been lemon colored instead of pumkin. The 9540 ok so far. Both light in the rear and very small cabs. Just enough room for me and the dog. The person that designed the work station for the 9540 has never run a farm tractor all day. You don't put the 3 point control over the arm rest and back behind you, the loader control where you have to get up in the seat to operate. They both have weight and flouid. The 9540 will out pull the 108 in hard ground and lay black smoke. The 108 has electronic rail enjection the9540 has injection mach. pump. The 108 never smokes and never works hard. Have had it into the shop many times each time it passes the speck. Both have loaders the 9540 will handle the bales just about as easy as the 108.The 9540 had R4 rubber put on to make it a low pro. If you have to use it in mud don't do this. I have a 1992 German Jd 78 hp that will out do either kubota. It is the brush hog tractor because it will hang on the hills and has the glass borke out. Look at the ford and case very hard both are the same tractor in the 100 hp range they have the Evico engine the pump(injection) off the fly wheel this is bad news and very expesive to repair. The only reason I have Kubotas can drive them into the dealer and 16 to 23 thousand cheaper than the JD. JD dealer 40 miles. As already stated by someone else the 6000 I would prefer the 6400 is the true work horse of the Jd.in the 100hp range,but thousands more. Jd is making a series to compete with the other cheaper tractors. They are cheap.

I have a NH TD95 with a cab, 4x4,loader, AC etc. I love it. I bought it used (3 years old) with 290 hours on it for 30k. It is probably the smoothest operating tractor that I have driven. I am a fairly small operation so it does everything I want and more. I spent 6 hours on it Saturday clipping pastures.......felt good to be tooling along with my cold iced tea in the AC listening to a CD :)

hillrancher":a374m7hv said:
I have a M108sds 3years old and a M9540 5 months old. The 108 should have been lemon colored instead of pumkin. The 9540 ok so far. Both light in the rear and very small cabs. Just enough room for me and the dog. The person that designed the work station for the 9540 has never run a farm tractor all day. You don't put the 3 point control over the arm rest and back behind you, the loader control where you have to get up in the seat to operate. They both have weight and flouid. The 9540 will out pull the 108 in hard ground and lay black smoke. The 108 has electronic rail enjection the9540 has injection mach. pump. The 108 never smokes and never works hard. Have had it into the shop many times each time it passes the speck. Both have loaders the 9540 will handle the bales just about as easy as the 108.The 9540 had R4 rubber put on to make it a low pro. If you have to use it in mud don't do this. I have a 1992 German Jd 78 hp that will out do either kubota. It is the brush hog tractor because it will hang on the hills and has the glass borke out. Look at the ford and case very hard both are the same tractor in the 100 hp range they have the Evico engine the pump(injection) off the fly wheel this is bad news and very expesive to repair. The only reason I have Kubotas can drive them into the dealer and 16 to 23 thousand cheaper than the JD. JD dealer 40 miles. As already stated by someone else the 6000 I would prefer the 6400 is the true work horse of the Jd.in the 100hp range,but thousands more. Jd is making a series to compete with the other cheaper tractors. They are cheap.

Hill,
I am days away from buying a ~100 HP Kubota or JD. It is mostly a hay tractor. Knowing all you know what brand/model would you buy right now???

With the premium on old tractors, I just can't see buying a used tractors.

I would buy the JD for the simple reason that we have an excellent JD dealer in town and the nearsest kubota delaer that actually does anything or has parts is better then an hour and half drive one way.