new or used?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowpair2

Reaction score
i am looking for a new or used tractor that might be my last tractor to buy for a while. i am looking for one with cab,4wd, loader, 90hp range. what color/make would you consider and why? i own a 96 nh 8340. it has 110hp @ pto and would like to downsize to a smaller tractor. i have looked @ all of them. all have good dealerships within 30 min. appreciate any and all opinions , preferences, lies and dislikes. thanks .

cowpair2":j5v62eq1 said:
i am looking for a new or used tractor that might be my last tractor to buy for a while. i am looking for one with cab,4wd, loader, 90hp range. what color/make would you consider and why? i own a 96 nh 8340. it has 110hp @ pto and would like to downsize to a smaller tractor. i have looked @ all of them. all have good dealerships within 30 min. appreciate any and all opinions , preferences, lies and dislikes. thanks .
your wanting to step down to a smaller tractor.id suggest a 9540 kubota or an 8540 with a hydro shuttle.i priced an 8540 4x4 ROPS hydro shuttle with loader for $38,000 last year.

You might consider the JD 5093E, the only think I don;t like is that it consumes a lot more fuel then my old 75 hp did. But it also makes much easier work of everything I've done with it

the only two new tractors i would own are kubota and john deere. personaly for me i would buy a 9540 kubota i think for running a loader they are the best you can buy and they run forever. if i was going to get a comparable jd i would get a 5101 they look to be alright tractors i looked at them last year and got a kubota instead just becuse we have allways had very good luck with everything about them.i like kubotas but really most of the new tractors are probaly ok and you can allways have some kind of problem with any one of them.

you kubota guys will the 9540 hold up to cutting a lot of hay and pulling a baler?

cowpair2":1bf6qnp8 said:
you kubota guys will the 9540 hold up to cutting a lot of hay and pulling a baler?

I can't speak in regards to the bigger and newer Kubotas, but we have a 6800 and it does just fine with the mowing machine and baler and we have some pretty hilly land, so I'm sure the 9540 or 8540 would really do a good job for you. Starting to see more and more Kubotas in my area. Been very pleased with ours.

I have a M9000. Cab on a Kubota is little bitty. They are a little light in the hind end. Gotta keep a Kuboter wound up to have power. Duns 5093 has not got any bigger cab than the kubota. Your knees will be a knocking the dash in one. If you looking used try to find a TS110A in a later model, they are a darn nice tractor.

Red Bull Breeder":2rn67k20 said:
I have a M9000. Cab on a Kubota is little bitty. They are a little light in the hind end. Gotta keep a Kuboter wound up to have power. Duns 5093 has not got any bigger cab than the kubota. Your knees will be a knocking the dash in one. If you looking used try to find a TS110A in a later model, they are a darn nice tractor.
You must have a lot longer legs then mine. I've never had a problem with my "knees kocking the dash". But I've only got around 600 hrs on mine, maybe after I've used it for awhile I'll have that problem.

yes a 9540 will hold up just fine. i run a 5409 ni disk cutter and a 4x6 baler and a 15 foot brushhog over some very steep and rough land and i just have a 80 horse kubota. i am about 6.1 and 225 and the kubota and john deere cabs seem fine to me but maybe i am not expecting enough.

I found a 2008 108s kubota, 545 hrs, 4wd, hydro shuttle, reverser, joystick,16x16 trans, asking 45,000. little heavier tractor, with a extra pwr also. what you guys think? this would be first kubota, have always run nh.

sounds like a pretty good price.thats $18000 off the price of a new 1.an it maybe $13,000 off new price since it dont have a loader.

I think you will wish you were still in a NH. Put you a little cooler in the cab of a kubota get in sit down and try and open the cooler. Don't even think about some one riding with you for any reason. Even trying to put a little bit of a tool box on a kubota is a chore. The cab on the kubota is bigger than the 5093 JD. If you are just gonna put a few hours a year on a tractor it doesn't make much difference. I dam near live in mine about 5months a year.

dun":215ngz6z said:
Red Bull Breeder":215ngz6z said:
You must have a lot longer legs then mine. I've never had a problem with my "knees kocking the dash". But I've only got around 600 hrs on mine, maybe after I've used it for awhile I'll have that problem.
[disclaimer--I've never owned a Kubota, but I've been in a ton of em when I worked for a Kubota dealership--We took in any brand to work on or as trade in so I was in those as well.]
I'm 6'4" and have also found most of the import cabs very tight as far as leg room goes. Zetor was the worst tho.

greybeard":zt82rhdp said:
dun":zt82rhdp said:
Red Bull Breeder":zt82rhdp said:
[disclaimer--I've never owned a Kubota, but I've been in a ton of em when I worked for a Kubota dealership--We took in any brand to work on or as trade in so I was in those as well.]
I'm 6'4" and have also found most of the import cabs very tight as far as leg room goes. Zetor was the worst tho.
i have never had a problem with kubota jd or ford nh cabs the only cab that i ever felt was small was my hesston fiat.RBB i can see what you mean about being able to keep a toolbox or cooler of any size.

denvermartinfarms":32q9jc4s said:
i have never had a problem with kubota jd or ford nh cabs the only cab that i ever felt was small was my hesston fiat.RBB i can see what you mean about being able to keep a toolbox or cooler of any size.
The cab on a JD 5510 is small. It's only as wide as the inside of the rear fenders. The 5093 is a foot and a half wider at least, maybe even 2 feet.

I went and looked @ the kubota 108s today and the cab was very small. I am 5ft 8 and it felt tight in it. may end up looking @ the NH again. the kubota was over priced @ 45,000. Do like the extra hp.

cowpair2":1thiqjoe said:
I went and looked @ the kubota 108s today and the cab was very small. I am 5ft 8 and it felt tight in it. may end up looking @ the NH again. the kubota was over priced @ 45,000. Do like the extra hp.
well thats a good price for that tractor.the 1 i priced was $63,000 cab 4x4 an loader.

Latest posts