New Holland

Help Support CattleToday:

TNMasterBeefProducer":rb5276su said:
I heard that it kills my sinuses and I feel bad for 2-3 days. Before i started taking allergy shots I had sinus infections left and right.

I dont last long enough to get sinus infections,bout one round with the wind blowing that dust/pollen around my head and I hafta jump off the dang tractor and find some fresh air............nothing like cab&air when you're round baling.
Square baling the bermudas aint all bad on an open station tractor tho.
good luck.

Caustic Burno":fku6jg2y said:
HAY MAKER":fku6jg2y said:
Caustic Burno":fku6jg2y said:
I am looking at a 75 hp fwd New Holland to replace the old 65 Massey with nearly 9000 hours or rebuild the motor.
I haven't ruled that out either.
I have never owned a New holland looking for the pros and cons.

What model are you lookin at CB,I have a TN75,no problems yet,as a matter of fact the battery lasted 5 years.That TN gets heavy use around here when we aint in a drought,caint remember the hours,but its got plenty.
good luck
IMG_1063.jpg

Well I took the plunge on the TN or TT 75 I can't remember the letters.
I will let you know they deliver it Friday, installing the loader tomorrow.

I would be interested in hearing how you talked that lil woman of yours into this deal :lol: :lol:
good luck CB.

CB, this may be common to all tractor models now adays but the newer NH's don't have liner cylinder walls any longer. So when the time comes to rebuild the engine you're gonna have a doctor build because the engine's gonna have to go to a machine shop for boring and honing. Your old massey has liners in the engine so replacing the liner and pistons and you're good to go. The key words when you're reading the advertisement are "parent metal liners" which means no liners.

Earl Thigpen":ixo0erhh said:
CB, this may be common to all tractor models now adays but the newer NH's don't have liner cylinder walls any longer. So when the time comes to rebuild the engine you're gonna have a doctor build because the engine's gonna have to go to a machine shop for boring and honing. Your old massey has liners in the engine so replacing the liner and pistons and you're good to go. The key words when you're reading the advertisement are "parent metal liners" which means no liners.

Your right I am not going to get rid of the old Massey, rebuild kit is around 500 bucks good winter project.
Biggest mistake I ever made was selling my MF 135. One of the things other than having a good local dealer that sold me on the NH was deck design and it is not one of these short coupled tractors.
We used to have a MF,Deere,and a Case dealer in town all that is left is New Holland.

Caustic Burno":1sifz5s4 said:
Earl Thigpen":1sifz5s4 said:

Your right I am not going to get rid of the old Massey, rebuild kit is around 500 bucks good winter project.
Biggest mistake I ever made was selling my MF 135. One of the things other than having a good local dealer that sold me on the NH was deck design and it is not one of these short coupled tractors.
We used to have a MF,Deere,and a Case dealer in town all that is left is New Holland.

Well CB, I'm envious of you. Wish I could afford to buy a new one right now. Good luck with the new machinery.

Earl Thigpen":2vtmg677 said:
CB, this may be common to all tractor models now adays but the newer NH's don't have liner cylinder walls any longer.

This is true of most new engines these days, but its nothing to worry about. When it comes time for a rebuild, the shop will likely hone right in the tractor. I haven't seen a shop yet that didn't have the necessary racks for it. Then it actually comes out cheaper than a sleeve and piston rebuild.

Rod

6640 SL MFD with cab, Allied 694 loader. Still cold air and hot heat. :lol:

Owned it 5 years now and bought it with 8500hrs and almost 12000 now.

Replaced main belt which was due to a worn idler pulley bushing. And that is about it.

I have pulled an 18 foot Wilritch cultivator with it, no problem, 4 furrow 14 in bottoms, no problem.
When I moved up to the 6640 from a 5600 it was as if all my haying stuff started working better, the extra power made it that much more efficient.

You already said the whole deal with the dealership thing though CB, colour isn't as important as support at times.

Be prepared for maintenance on a newer machine, $50 filters X 3 or 4, yearly fluids - buy another 135 for 3 years maint on a new one!

Good Luck!!

CB, I think you will like the 75. I own a 65 but sometimes use my friends 75. Have four other tractors but I always get on the 65 if it can do the job. Its good on fuel, turns on a dime, peppy loader and all and all a good machine. If there is anything I don't like it is the electronics. A little weak here. I'm having trouble with my fuel gauge bouncing around like there is a short somewhere. I can't find it though. Other than that, I like it.

CB which one did it end up being?
Which transmisson does it have?
If you got the TN 75 does it have super steer?

We bought the Kubota with the shuttle shift and love it. Just hope it holds up as good as the NH 4630 I had, would have never traded if it was 4wd. Probably would have been betteroff money wise to keep it though.

I believe you'll like the new tractor CB. I've got a New Holland TL80 4wd that I have been very pleased with. Good luck.

CB must love the new tractor, not heard from him sice he got it. Or maybe the little woman got him. :lol2:

tom4018":1tuq28id said:
CB must love the new tractor, not heard from him sice he got it. Or maybe the little woman got him. :lol2:

No the dang baler was broke down with 40 acres of hay on the ground. I have been tedding hay right and left while working on the baler as well.

All I can tell you about is the 2007 TD95 we just bought.35 hours on the first engine and 46 hours on the second. It now has 200hrs total and doing real good so far.Exept some minor electric problems.Best be sure you buy the extended warentee,we did.
I sure hope you have better luck with yours.

Cal

First time I used a tractor with A/C was last Tuesday and it happened to be a New holland. Bought some hay from the neighbor and he just told us to move it and use his tractor to load it. It had 18 hours on it when I climbed in. A/C and radio/CD player will spoil a man. When I got home I was worried my wife would think I was out goofing off instead of working. :lol: I'm usually dusty, dirty, and sweaty after running the tractor.

Walt

Caustic Burno":31xytpfi said:
tom4018":31xytpfi said:
Did you get a TN or a TT? Which transmission does it have?

Its the TT with 8 forward 2 reverse it doesn't have the shuttle shift.

How do you like it? I priced one of them but never did go drive one. They wanted as much for it as the Kubota with shuttle shift and 2 remotes. Still kinda wish I would have kept my old tractor and my money, but the 4wd is a big asset.

tom4018":3fsa5ejf said:
Caustic Burno":3fsa5ejf said:
tom4018":3fsa5ejf said:
Did you get a TN or a TT? Which transmission does it have?

Its the TT with 8 forward 2 reverse it doesn't have the shuttle shift.

How do you like it? I priced one of them but never did go drive one. They wanted as much for it as the Kubota with shuttle shift and 2 remotes. Still kinda wish I would have kept my old tractor and my money, but the 4wd is a big asset.

All new brooms sweep good. I bought it for the following reasons good dealer in town as well as the deck lay out and ride. Jury will be out for a few years to see how it holds up. I am a dinosuar I didn't want the shuttle shift that has become popular and it is hard to find a tractor that is not short coupled. I would have bought another Massey in a heartbeat but the nearest dealer is 60 miles away now.
With my back ride has become one of the most important features on a tractor when it comes to cutting hay.

Traded in my old style engine NH 4630 4wd for a big honkin Kubota M 9000....I'm glad every time I start that sucker....starts, runs, stops and steers with about anything I want on the back and I ain't broke it yet....unlike the New Holland..lot of stuff that is real hard to get at on that one, and I needed to get to it a lot more than I do on the big orange thingie I have now.. :banana: :cboy:

Latest posts