New Holland Pocket knife

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
How many remember when New Holland Machine Company would give a free Barlow knife to their customers through the dealer ?
Used to have a few around. Want to find them sometime.
I think they were Kut Master brand. Carbon Steel blade.
I'm sure their were a few happy farmer's sons who had them for their first knife.

Always thought I'd like to have a Moore Maker but never got around to it.
Granddad carried a little knife. Told us it was a Bowie when he got it but it wore down over the years.
There were a lot of memories and memorabilia garnered at the local establishments.

I've got a Purina pocket knife that is way older than me. My Grandpa got it for buying Purina feed.
I have a pocket knife I found in my father's stuff after he passed away. It looks like a Case until you open a blade and look at the base. It says K-bar. I don't remember him ever carrying it. My best guess is it belonged to one of his uncles that didn't have children

I have a pocket knife I found in my father's stuff after he passed away. It looks like a Case until you open a blade and look at the base. It says K-bar. I don't remember him ever carrying it. My best guess is it belonged to one of his uncles that didn't have children
IMG_20220712_160220_hdr.jpg
The bottom one is the Barlow knife my grandpa carried every day. It's been sharpened a few times.