New Holland T.4 75

Help Support CattleToday:

tnwalkingred

Reaction score
All,

We're getting rid of the Kubota 7040 we bought last summer and are thinking about replacing it with a NH T.4 75 or Case 75c which are exactly the same tractor. I've found a few NH configured the way I want but haven't found a Case anywhere close and I don't want to wait on ordering one. We will be getting a 4wd, cab, loader, 12x12 hydraulic shuttle, buddy seat, and ground lift control. I've also been looking at the John Deere 5075 but it just doesn't seem like nearly as much tractor as the other two. I haven't looked at a Massey yet but never cared for them in the past. Anyone out there got a NH and care to give a review? Thanks for any info.

Kyle

What's the power rating on it? There's an auction here with a NH 6635 (80 engine HP), 4x4, cab, FEL, 1500 hrs, minimum bid is $10,000, I figure it'll go for about 3 times that

I hope you like it. The neighbor has a TN65 and likes it. What is the problem with the Bota as I may have missed it?

I run NH tractors but not that size so I can't give you any info on the smaller tractors as they are a lot different than the ones I run
I can say this the ones I use I have been satisfied with them
Like anything else they all have problems and the main thing is how your dealer handles those problems
goodluck

I just bought a brand new one in Jan. I love it. They are nice tractors. Its the first tractor I've ever own that wasn't green. lol. I'm just like you John Deere was trying to sell me a 5075E and I didn't think they were even comparable with the T4.75. Cab was way smaller 3 cyl. VS. 4 cyl. I thought the cab on the NH was nicer and quieter etc. I really like mine, and to give you an idea how much, when I got on Jan. 8th it had 3.0 hrs on it now it has 275.0 hrs on it! LOL. B&G

Looked at the 4.75 and 4.85 lot of differences between the 2, the 85 is a ton heavier and larger wheelbase, last month with the different rebates it was about 3000 price difference. I have a 5060 and TN65 like them both wanting something in between to pull my roller the 4.75 is borderline so not sure which i might get.

The Kubota we have now had a minor problem that was eventually fixed but we had a really awful dealer experience which is the main reason we are getting rid of it. Dealer support is a must in my opinion. My daughter has also taken a real interest into farming with me and since she is only 8 I want a buddy seat for her and there not offered in the JD or Kubota. The Kubota also seemed very light and bouncy. This was my first cab tractor and I wasn't impressed with the features it offered. It also only had an 8 speed tranny and I found myself between gears a lot. Before the Kubota I ran my entire farming operation with a JD 5210 so the NH will be more than enough tractor.

Kyle

tnwalkingred":1qvznbgm said:
The Kubota we have now had a minor problem that was eventually fixed but we had a really awful dealer experience which is the main reason we are getting rid of it. Dealer support is a must in my opinion. My daughter has also taken a real interest into farming with me and since she is only 8 I want a buddy seat for her and there not offered in the JD or Kubota. The Kubota also seemed very light and bouncy. This was my first cab tractor and I wasn't impressed with the features it offered. It also only had an 8 speed tranny and I found myself between gears a lot. Before the Kubota I ran my entire farming operation with a JD 5210 so the NH will be more than enough tractor.

Kyle

I think you will love it! B&G :tiphat:

We bought the my NH in January have put 200 hours on it and I love it. Had a 7040 before but it burned up in a barn fire. After using the NH I wouldn't have to 7040 if you gave it to me.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I definitely decided on that tractor so now I'm in a price war with all the dealers around so I can get out for the least amount of cash. I just got a quote today on a Case 75c (same tractor different paint) that was $1000 less than the New Holland. Hopefully the New Holland dealer will match that as I like Blue better than Red! LOL

Kyle

tnwalkingred":20jtjogy said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I definitely decided on that tractor so now I'm in a price war with all the dealers around so I can get out for the least amount of cash. I just got a quote today on a Case 75c (same tractor different paint) that was $1000 less than the New Holland. Hopefully the New Holland dealer will match that as I like Blue better than Red! LOL

Kyle

LOL! Me too! B&G

All,

Well I finally made a deal with a local dealer and my new tractor is here. I would like to put a coat of wax on it while it's still new and clean. Any recommendations on which one to use? Thanks.

Kyle

photo15.JPG

tnwalkingred":2x3cptly said:

Kyle

Congrats! That new blue tractor is PURDY! :nod: :nod: :nod: I've always used plain old liquid Turtle Wax for automotive paint, but there are probably better products out there.

I notice your loader does not have a grapple. I wouldn't want to be without a grapple for handling hay.

Sorry you had bad experience with the Kubota dealer. My Kubota M126GX has had a few glitches along the way but so far warranty has covered everything. My Kubota has a lot of gears (really more than I need), a buddy seat, and great climate control in a roomy and clean cab.

My Kubota dealer has been great so far. Same dealer also sells CIH and NH. The red and blue tractors are at least $20K higher priced than a comparable orange tractor. I was able to buy a new Vermeer R2800 rake with the difference in price.

My tractor doesn't have 200 hrs yet. I will have had it a year in June. I like the Kubota loader that came with MDS bucket and grapple. I notice other Kubota dealers have them set up this way.

The loader has a joystick control so I can run the loader/bucket/grapple with one hand. The joystick controls the loader functions. There are two electric buttons on the joystick knob to run the grapple.

My Kubota has 24 forward gears and 16 reverse which is more than plenty of gear selections. Basically 3 ranges that have to be shifted when stopped. L-M-H Then the +/- button on the shifter knob offers 8 speed powershift within each range. H is locked out in reverse.

Reverse is provided by the LH power shuttle shift. Shuttle has F-N-R. Everything has to be in neutral to start the tractor.

Kubota has a 25 mph road gear but not enough power to do that with a load of hay going up any kind of hill. Usually have to knock down 2 or 3 gears.

I use 6L in reverse is about the right speed to back under 15 bale haystacks. With mfwd the Kubota doesn't spin out halfway under the haystack like my MF 2775 did. And the Kubota is a much smaller tractor. I do notice the HP difference when I get on the road!

Very nice tractor I like blue as well... I like them all no matter what color I just love tractors. My tractor I planted beans with is red. Seeds still grow fine and I still make $ off of them :D

Oh man that is a nice tractor and would like to have one just like it. I have been looking for one that size but cant seem to find one that suits me. They are high and you dont know what has gone on with them either. I want a green one but just not impressed with the price or the looks of the new ones. I think JD may be losing some sales in this size of tractor.

jltrent":c0uoj9yn said:
Also I would get some wheel weights and put in the rear wheels so that tractor want feel light and bouncy. Just one set of weights makes a big difference.

Agree on the wheel weights. My Kubota is fine with no weights and the dealer-installed Rim-Guard, which is beet juice. It definitely needs something on the rear with a loader on it.

Rim-Guard is not corrosive like CaCl. Sounds like could be a sticky mess when you do have to deal with it. Hope I don't find out for a long time.

The Kubota has Titan tubeless radials all around with Rim-Guard in the rear 18.4x38. IIRC, front is 14.9x24.

Titan would be my last choice of tires but that is what is on it. Time will tell. :roll:

I'm going to be using my New Holland T4.75 with a New Holland 1409 Disc Bine. I'll let you know how it does in this thick Brome around here. B&G

All,

I've been cutting hay with my T4.75 and it handles my 8' Vicon disc mower great! I also just bought a 3210 Bush Hog brand rotary cutter but haven't hooked it up yet. The cutter is a beast but I feel very confident it will handle it as well.

Kyle