New Holland Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

Canadian_Cowgirl

Reaction score
My dad has a 3 year old new holland BR780 Baler. All of our lovely neigbours have john deere balers and they always that we are going to have problems with it. Have any of yall had problems with your New Holland baler? Just for a heads up sorta thing! :)
We have never had any problems in the three years we have had it.

Katy

Canadian_Cowgirl":27heugiq said:
My dad has a 3 year old new holland BR780 Baler. All of our lovely neigbours have john deere balers and they always that we are going to have problems with it. Have any of yall had problems with your New Holland baler? Just for a heads up sorta thing! :)

Katy

I have always found it interesting that there is a section of folks that are so in love with green that they are prepared to pay extra and yap at the samer time.

Katy - relax.

I run a red tractor and a blue tractor. I run green corn and bean planting stuff. I also run a NH baler.

I am not colour loyal because colour has nothing to do with performance capability and reliability.

It usually comes down to the operator and the PREVENTATIVE manitenance.

My baler has more than 20,000 round bales through it and it is still going. I have not replaced a single bearing.

Let them talk and you get back to something constructive.

I am sure there are people on these boards that can give you horror stories of their not so happy green experiences. And any other colour as well for that matter.

Regards

Bez>

Bez>":ei889nae said:
Canadian_Cowgirl":ei889nae said:

Katy

I have always found it interesting that there is a section of folks that are so in love with green that they are prepared to pay extra and yap at the samer time.

Katy - relax.

I run a red tractor and a blue tractor. I run green corn and bean planting stuff. I also run a NH baler.

I am not colour loyal because colour has nothing to do with performance capability and reliability.

My baler has more than 20,000 round bales through it and it is still going. I have not replaced a single bearing.

I am sure there are people on these boards that can give you horror stories of their not so happy green experiences. And any other colour as well for that matter.

Regards

Bez>

Ohh so you mean colour DOESNT matter?? :lol: :lol:
So its kinda like a horse, doesnt matter what colour it is it matters whos riding it??

Katy

Canadian_Cowgirl":jxm514hb said:
Bez>":jxm514hb said:
Canadian_Cowgirl":jxm514hb said:

Katy

Katy - relax.

Regards

Bez>

Ohh so you mean colour DOESNT matter?? :lol: :lol:
So its kinda like a horse, doesnt matter what colour it is it matters whos riding it??

Katy

I can almost guarantee that someone is going to come on here and dispute the above - but you have it right.

Hey, 40 years ago I learned on a Massey 30 - or was it 35. That tractor is still going strong on the old Swan homestead way west of here.

Just down the road there is an old fellow with an Oliver Hart Parr - still going - steel wheels and all - and no it has not been rebuilt. 25 HP and road gear is slower than I walk. Solid steel pipe coming up from the floor for a shifter (original).

He uses it every week for something - mostly to run a belt powered buzz saw - although last winter I had to go over and twist it's tail to get it started for him. The crank gets a bit stiff and he sometimes finds he does not have enough strength to turn it over by hand.

Someday it might even be mine if I am patient enough.

Hmm .... I think it was originally green and red - but now it is yellow.

Colour scmmolour.

Bez>

Bez>":3d7mywdt said:
I can almost guarantee that someone is going to come on here and dispute the above - but you have it right.

Hey, 40 years ago I learned on a Massey 30 - or was it 35. That tractor is still going strong on the old Swan homestead way west of here.

Just down the road there is an old fellow with an Oliver Hart Parr - still going - steel wheels and all - and no it has not been rebuilt. 25 HP and road gear is slower than I walk. Solid steel pipe coming up from the floor for a shifter (original).

He uses it every week for something - mostly to run a belt powered buzz saw - although last winter I had to go over and twist it's tail to get it started for him. The crank gets a bit stiff and he sometimes finds he does not have enough strength to turn it over by hand.

Someday it might even be mine if I am patient enough.

Hmm .... I think it was originally green and red - but now it is yellow.

Colour scmmolour.

Bez>

Wow, thats really cool, I love the old tractors, and FORD trucks, before 1980. I hope to own a 1960 ford truck one day! Blue one of course! ;-)

Katy

Canadian_Cowgirl":3ok3cz8f said:
Wow, thats really cool, I love the old tractors, and FORD trucks, before 1980. I hope to own a 1960 ford truck one day! Blue one of course! ;-)

Katy

Went to a tractor/truck pull at the neighboring county fair on Friday night, had a class for diesel pickups. I hung around til 2am to see it. :shock: Somebody entered a 61 Ford F500 or the like that they had shoved a detroit diesel into. It was kind of funny to see that old 2wd dually drag the sled farther than most of the newer trucks, one of which was an '07 model Dodge.

cfpinz

Not round baler pro. Never owned one. Got a green square baler, like it fine. I rented a JD round baler a couple of times and was very disappointed. I blamed on the operater. But I hired a lot of bales made by both JD and NH. For me NH much better.

I have a lot of experience with the smaller 4x5 New Holland (BR740),very few problems. As said before most problems are operator related. The main thing on the larger balers is to feed the hay evenly to each side avoiding overfilling in the center. Overfilling the center puts more stress on the rollers and bearings that could lead to failure. In good hay with full windrows I can drive straight down the windrow with the 4x5 and not have to worry about weaving back and forth.

Latest posts