New Holland and Case IH

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I think there were a couple folks on here that bought the Case 75c and the NH T4.75. Would you care to update any maintenance issues and if you are satisfied?
Thanks

I bought a T4.75 last January. I've been very happy with it so far 390 hours . Mine is a 2014 with a cab. They are nice tractors. B&G

Here it is after unrolling hay last winter.

I have an identical tractor to the one that BG has. I really like mine as well. I have about 200 hours on mine. The only issue I have is that the front end will bounce a little in the highest road gear. I plan on putting fluid in the front tires. It has a large cab that is very comfortable to ride in. Mine pulls a Bush Hog 3210 rotary mower without issue.

KW

tnwalkingred":4xl48apb said:
I have an identical tractor to the one that BG has. I really like mine as well. I have about 200 hours on mine. The only issue I have is that the front end will bounce a little in the highest road gear. I plan on putting fluid in the front tires. It has a large cab that is very comfortable to ride in. Mine pulls a Bush Hog 3210 rotary mower without issue.

KW
I wouldnt add fluid to the front tires as it is hard on the front ends and all of its
Components
I would try adjusting air pressure first and the adding some weight to the front end but would not put fluid in the tires

Thanks for the tip Angus Cowman. Should I take pressure out of the front tires? How much weight should I add? A 800 lb round bale on the front and it doesn't bouce at all.

KW

I have noticed that the used one go high at auctions. That is usually a good sign that they are holding up good as there is a demand.

tnwalkingred":du9n8ixk said:
Thanks for the tip Angus Cowman. Should I take pressure out of the front tires? How much weight should I add? A 800 lb round bale on the front and it doesn't bouce at all.

KW

I would not add weight to the front of a loader tractor. I'd let air out of the tires, but keep enough pressure that the tires do not buckle under load or when turning.

800 lb bale is relatively light, so I'd start at no less than 10psi in the front tires and work up from there. Don't put in any more air than necessary, and it should be fine.

Can't tell you what pressure is in the 14.9Rx24 radials on my Kubota, but I try to keep them as soft as I can but still hold up under a 1300 bale.

I have lifted a whole bucket FULL of sand, but not very high :oops: If I did that much at all, I'd have to air up the tires a bit. The Kubota hydraulics bypass and won't let me lift too much. I had to dump some of the sand before I could lift the bucket high enough to put it over the top of the corral fence.

Same result if I try to lift 2 bales at the same time. That's OK, because it keeps me from doing something stupid :p

I've had my front tires loaded since 1997 and no front end troubles yet. We only have 5600 hours on it though. My tractor has to be able to lift two rolls at a time. I stack my bales 4 and 5 high in the middle of the barn. And my loader can't make 4 high by a few inches.

highgrit":30t18u4x said:
I stack my bales 4 and 5 high in the middle of the barn. And my loader can't make 4 high by a few inches.

4 and 5 high round bales and a conventional tractor loader :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That sounds like telehandler territory.

15' is about the practical limit of my Kubota, which is 3 bales high with 5' diameter round bales. Probably could do 3 high with 6' but 4 or 5, no way.

Now I can visualize it if we are talking big squares :nod:

The front tires on that T4.75 front wheel assist 24" tires are supposed to have 28 psi in them. But, you could maybe get by with as low as 20 psi. B&G

Black and Good":32196mda said:
The front tires on that T4.75 front wheel assist 24" tires are supposed to have 28 psi in them. But, you could maybe get by with as low as 20 psi. B&G
There is the bounce problem at road speed
I try to run about 20 in them on a TS 110 and it is heavier than the 4.75 now and then we take them to 25 when handling sileage bales
There is no need to have that much air in them all you need is enough that they dont wrinkle with a load on them

I also drop them as low as 12 when we are raking hay for a smoother ride

Latest posts